Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I just signed up here, I am new to Glocks, but not to firearms. As a former Marine, and avid Hunter I have shot and owned many different weapons, of all types. I qualified with, and carried a 1911 in the corps, and never strayed much from it....but finally....Ive decided to check out the Glock!

I have my eyes on a g 27 for ccw...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking forward to my time here, and getting aquainted with a new glock!

Vic

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Howdy!

I just signed up here, I am new to Glocks, but not to firearms. As a former Marine, and avid Hunter I have shot and owned many different weapons, of all types. I qualified with, and carried a 1911 in the corps, and never strayed much from it....but finally....Ive decided to check out the Glock!

I have my eyes on a g 27 for ccw...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking forward to my time here, and getting aquainted with a new glock!

Vic
Welcome to Glock.pro, Vic...

Glock's sub compacts make great carry guns... I don't have a 27, but I'm sure someone here that has one will pop up and tell you how they like it...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the welcome, and the input on the G 27.

Any more info on this as my first choice for a Glock, with primary use as CCW, and range pistol, please advise.

Thanks again
Vic

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Welcome Vic! Thank you for your service. If you have a chance, shoot the G27 before you purchase it. Many find that the grip is too small, and that in order to properly grip the firearm, they need to add a grip extension (pinky ext.) to the magazine in order to get it to feel right. Once you've done that, you can move up to a compact model such as a G19, G23 etc.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Vic! Thank you for your service. If you have a chance, shoot the G27 before you purchase it. Many find that the grip is too small, and that in order to properly grip the firearm, they need to add a grip extension (pinky ext.) to the magazine in order to get it to feel right. Once you've done that, you can move up to a compact model such as a G19, G23 etc.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
You know, I actually wondered about that, my hands are on the large size as well....Good advice, Ill try to find one that I can shoot a few ronds thru.

thanks
Vic

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah, it's a pretty common complaint. Once you add the extension, you might as well go with the compact version. More rounds, more controllable, better sight picture, etc.. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.