Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Heavies for me. 180s in .40s and 230s in .45s Unless, I decide to carry some 165gr .45ACP+Ps that a buddy gave me.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
For me it depends. In 9mm I like kinda heavy. In 40 I prefer lighter. In 45 I am back to liking heavy. Guess I'm just odd like that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I lean towards heavy bullets as they typically penetrate more then lighter bullets of similar cartridge loads.

That beind said I don' put too much thought into it...as long as it gets 12"+ penetration and expands somewhat reliably I'll shoot it. I usually go with whatever is cheap. I don't even bother looking at energy numbers, they don't mean anything for handgun rounds (no significant temp cavity at such low velocities).

So in short...heavy if I can find it. Otherwise whatever is around. I'm pretty sure I carried ball sometime last week.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I use CorBon PowRBall ammunition as the first few out of either my G17 or G21. They are very light.... 90 and 165 grain respectively.

I live in light-clothing, warm weather areas (Summer in Ohio and Winter in Florida). I am not concerned about penetrating more than thin cotton, etc. After the PowRBalls, I load the mags with 115 and 185 grain CorBons. If necessary, I have no problems with using 124 grain 9mm or 230 grain hardball. It's all about bullet placement and penetration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.