Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheez Louise.... I just got my FOBUS GL26 rotopaddle in today.
I got my pistol in the holster and pulled a muscle gettin' back out again... Talk about retention!
Alright, I've heated this sucker up with a hair drier about three times already. Wrapped my gun in stretch wrap and put it in the holster while it cooled to room temperature. Currently sitting here shoving it in and ripping it out of the holster, and this sucker is still TIGHT!
Any quick and easy tips for breaking in a new FOBUS?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
You probably aren't getting it hot enough with the hair drier. If you can isolate where it is hanging, focus your effort there. I haven't ever owned a fobus, but I would guess the retention is in the trigger guard area. You might try applying some painters or scotch tape around the trigger guard and try it again. I use a heat gun, but you have to be careful and not get too carried away with, but it works better.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just an update:
After several bouts with the hair drier, a slight tweak with a flat blade pry bar - uh, I mean screwdriver.... I went to the FOBUS website where they suggested putting a drop of gun oil inside the holster where it is binding. Tried that, and then did a couple hundred reps of my best Barney Fife quick draw.
Glad to report, I can now quickly remove the 26 from the holster without dislocating a shoulder in the process! Still holds the pistol securely too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just bought a Fobus Elite Concealed Holster today just for range use when I'm outside shooting with my buddies. I know what you mean with the retention but it's also designed for drawing along the cant line it prevents from weapon take aways. I think I am going to oil the inside a little and also use my thumbs to spread it apart at the trigger guard a litte bit. So far I like it for just outside range use but I will never carry this concealed right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.