Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just occurred to me today that I have not posted in a little while. I decided to take a minute and vent a little. Things have been a little stressful for me lately. Though I am 38 years old, I am actually a sophomore at a local university. I resigned as a correctional officer two years ago to attend school full time to become a nurse. Needless to say, it can be pretty trying sometimes, especially with a family. I have midterm exams this week and have been putting in long hours with the books. I haven't forgot about this wonderful forum, I have been pretty busy. Thanks for the support, I'll be posting more frequently after this week is over, Frank.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Good luck with the exams. You're doing the right thing by trying to better yourself for your family. It's never too late to try to better one's self. Just make sure to save time to spend with your wife and kid(s). Tha't what you're doing all this hard work for after all.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I was single throughout all of my undergrad work, but I was married during all of my grad work and added a baby to the mix part way through my masters.

Trying to do academic work while fulfilling obligations to the family is hard. In undergrad, my now-wife was also in school; so, it wasn't a big deal for either of us stay at our respective place to school work, but that changes when you are in the same household, and it certainly changes when when a child is involved.

I was doing some online classes working towards a homeland security certificate when our second child was born. I was literally finishing a paper and had to take a test while at the hospital for the delivery because the instructor changed some of the deadlines.

I feel your pain. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Nice to see you posting again!

I went to school at night, too... Takes longer to graduate, and it's a tough road to go, but it's worth it... Congratulations and good luck...

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Heya Tshark - was wondering where you went!

I did the same (kind of) thing - I was in the tech industry until about 10 yrs ago - then the bottom dropped out and I went into the automotive industry. Recently I took some certification tests/courses and Just started my new Linux Administration job yesterday :)

(that's kind of why I haven't been around either btw...)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hang tough man, and good luck. BTW: save some time for the family.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Congrats!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.