Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the FBI, over 1.5 million background checks on customers were requested by gun dealers to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System in December. Nearly 500,000 of those were in the six days before Christmas.

It was the highest number ever in a single month, surpassing the previous record set in November.
Americans buy record numbers of guns for Christmas - Telegraph

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Mayans? :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Yea. I had to go to the Sherrif's office to change the address on my CHP last week. While I was there waiting to get my paperwork processed at least a dozen people came in getting pistol permits or concealed carry applications. One of the officers made a comment that lately they have had a huge number of people getting handguns. I was ammused by a couple that came in to get a pistol permit. A husband and wife whom had to be 80 years old or better. I thought it was neat that they were getting hamdguns at there age. I am not judging them, but I had to wonder what would motivate someone of that age and life experience to decide to arm themselves. Brings a real twist to "Granny's got a gun".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.