Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a big local gun show coming up this weekend, and I'm hoping to find a Tungsten or Stainless guide rod assembly for my new G 30S. I would think it
it will be the same as in the G36, where the G30S gets it's slide assembly. I'm hoping one of the experts here can confirm this for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dayn

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
There is a big local gun show coming up this weekend, and I'm hoping to find a Tungsten or Stainless guide rod assembly for my new G 30S. I would think it
it will be the same as in the G36, where the G30S gets it's slide assembly. I'm hoping one of the experts here can confirm this for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dayn
Yes, you're right, the G30S and the G36 have the same Recoil Spring Assembly (see below from the Price List), so the guide rods will be the same length.

(SP 08063) Recoil Spring Assembly - fits G29-G29SF-G29Gen4-G30-G30SF-G30Gen4-G30S-G36(marked 0-9-1) (black) including Gen4's

Be careful, though, because these subcompacts all use the new style compound Recoil Spring Assembly (I believe). To make a new aftermarket Guide Rod fit, you may need an adapter to fit in the front of the frame: https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=756358&CAT=83

The person selling the part should know about this, but if not you might be better off buying it online: https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155992&CAT=83

Jager and Wolff also sell similar products. One more thing: if you don't buy a spring with the guide rod, be sure that you order a spring with the right inside diameter to fit the guide rod.

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You Chris, I was sure that if anyone could answer my question, it would be you. It is my intent to purchase a complete a complete, 'drop in' Recoil Spring/Guide Rod Assembly.
I'm hoping they will install it while I'm standing there.
Thanks Again......Dayn

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Thank You Chris, I was sure that if anyone could answer my question, it would be you. It is my intent to purchase a complete a complete, 'drop in' Recoil Spring/Guide Rod Assembly.
I'm hoping they will install it while I'm standing there.
Thanks Again......Dayn
Dayn,
You're most welcome, I'm happy that I was able to help.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.