Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came out of my local bank this morning...walking past the guard..... and wow!!! His firearm was a huge, honkin S&W 357 mag. I said It has been a long time since I seen a revolver carried. He said..."a revolver is ALL I am allowed to carry working for this bank"!!! Found that strange in this day and age.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Sounds like a bank policy not a guard service restriction.

Can't imagine any reason for such a rule.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Revolvers worked for Dirty Harry.

Yep, but 50 years ago there were not as many people with guns on the street let alone guns with 18 rds of ammo in them. My wife likes her 5 shot .32 mag revolver with a speed strip....I would not like to see her with it caught in a mall against say a bad guy with a CZ 75. She has shot my Glocks and CZs and Springfields but just feels more comfortable with the revolver.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Revolvers worked for Dirty Harry.
I have one of those but can not seem to be able to hide it on my person very well ....'course I have no jackets with the elbow pads on them either.

lol

Reactions: GRU7_Mech_ret

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That's my nightstand gun.
Great revolver.

Gaz

Reactions: GRU7_Mech_ret

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
I have one of those but can not seem to be able to hide it on my person very well ....'course I have no jackets with the elbow pads on them either.

lol
There’s hope yet OT, I hear they’re coming back into style!

At an employee function the guy standing next to me said something about his leg, when I asked about it he said “A few years ago I shot myself in the leg with a 357 revolver.”

I walked to the other side of the room and said “OK, now tell me about it”

Story goes, he heard a noise at night and the pistol was on the too shelf of the closet (to be safe). Trying to reach it, it fell off and fired when it hit the ground shooting him in the leg. This woke his wife up who went into hysterics having heard a gunshot and finding him shot but unable to figure out by who.

The police questioned him multiple times in the hospital. He said it was all he could do to convince them he was not shot by his wife. They finally told him that accidental gun shots are extremely rare, it’s almost always the spouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
That's my nightstand gun.
Great revolver.

Gaz
My first pistol was a S$W 4" nickel model 19.

The pistol is a real "tack driver" !

It spent many nites on the night stand, now Frank sleeps there along with a S&W 6906 in a holster on the headboard accompied by a 18" shotgun that hangs in a softside case on the other side of the headboard.

Geeze ot what are you afraid of ?

NOTHING !

·
Registered
5 Posts
A 6-shot revolver served me well in my two on-duty shootings . Use the sights! 4 shots total. Four hits. They were not these imaginary internet shootings. Just saying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts