Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my first perfect score in a GSSF indoor match! Unfortunately, you have to average a perfect score in a series for it to count. So I have to repeat in one of the next two matches or it didn't happen :D There's been a number of perfect scores at this range but no one has managed to average 500/500 yet.

Font Parallel Paper Number Rectangle

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
All 10rds in 15sec

Target 1
3yds
5yds Left Hand only

Target 2
7yds Right Hand only
10yds
15yds

There's normally a 25yds except when they have the one handed legs. I'll take the one handed any day, even if my brain has trouble getting my left hand to pull the trigger :D

Two weeks ago I completely changed the way I shoot - I've always shot with one eye closed (throwback to my rifle competition days) but was really struggling to estimate the center of the D-1 targets. I tried shooting with both eyes open but after somewhere between 600 and 800 rds of practice had decided my brain wasn't going to get it in time. I decided to stop wasting ammo and focus on training with my SIRT and LASR Shot Tracker. It was literally today that my brain finally started being able to sort out shooting with both eyes. I've mentioned before what a huge fan I am of the SIRT/LASR combination and this result is testimony to how effective it can be!

I know it's a shameless plug but since getting the SIRT with LASR, I've made huge advancements in my shooting. Corrected a grip issue that was causing me to shoot left and now going from one eye to both eyes open. I took the time to be an affiliate instructor on both SIRT and LASR. If anyone is thinking about getting LASR, they've assured me the lowest price is with a referral code. Mine is MTSTREAM and I have no problem if others want to post their codes too. I just believe in the product.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Congrats ole man !

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
was always considering the LASR product. might take you up on that-- what camera are you using for it?
Also-- now I understand why you went to medium backstraps on your Gen4.

Sorry for the thread drift

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Logitech C270 - I picked one up on eBay for $16. Mainly because I had one for video conferencing on my desktop so I knew they were good (I've moved the LASR to an old notebook computer). The widescreen angle on that camera is nice for spreading targets apart.

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Whew! After totally choking last month and again this month with my stock pistol, I managed to get my head on straight before shooting my 17c in unlimited! Today's score gave me a two match average of 500 for the series. If my understanding is correct, that qualifies for the Glock 500 Club.

As you can probably tell, I'm excited :cool: This started out as an effort to correct a problem with my shooting and it feels good to accomplish something. Next objective is to do the same with a stock pistol then I'll try to learn how to draw and shoot :rolleyes:

Course of fire: 10rds in 15 seconds
Target 1 = 15yds / 5yds weak hand only
Target 2 = 10yds / 3yds / 7yds strong hand only

Font Line Material property Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Very cool ! Congrats