Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Glock Owner question,
I noticed if you join the GSSF that you can purchase 1 gun a year for a discount that far exceeds the cost of membership.
Does anyone have a list of participating retailers?

Thanks,
Vic

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I have for GA but I don't think that will help you. The best thing, if someone from your area doesn't come along shortly and give you any suggestions is to simply call the GSSF group and ask. They do not maintain a list online or anything like that. The GSSF program is worth it in my opinion. $35.00 for the first year, $25,00 each year for renewal. One gun at GSSF prices ($425.00) for the standard GLOCKs, you can shoot in the GLOCK matches, which is a lot of fun and you can win prizes and money and you also have the ability to take the GLOCK armorers course.

I believe that's a lot of cool stuff for such a small amount.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have for GA but I don't think that will help you. The best thing, if someone from your area doesn't come along shortly and give you any suggestions is to simply call the GSSF group and ask. They do not maintain a list online or anything like that. The GSSF program is worth it in my opinion. $35.00 for the first year, $25,00 each year for renewal. One gun at GSSF prices ($425.00) for the standard GLOCKs, you can shoot in the GLOCK matches, which is a lot of fun and you can win prizes and money and you also have the ability to take the GLOCK armorers course.

I agree and will probably join, regardless of retailer list, but that would be a great way to get my next Glock!

Do you have Academy Sporting Goods in Ga? Are they on your list?

Thanks for Reply
Vic

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Back before the expanded the program GLOCK did publish their list of participating dealers. They don't any longer. They won't even e-mail you a copy of the list. You have to call them and give them your location and ask for a list of dealers in your area.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back before the expanded the program GLOCK did publish their list of participating dealers. They don't any longer. They won't even e-mail you a copy of the list. You have to call them and give them your location and ask for a list of dealers in your area.
Thanks! Ill give em a call.....unless someone here has a texas list?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I agree and will probably join, regardless of retailer list, but that would be a great way to get my next Glock!

Do you have Academy Sporting Goods in Ga? Are they on your list?

Thanks for Reply
Vic
We do have an Academy which is an awesome sporting good store but they are not a participating dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Aren't two of our 3 Pawn Shops? Eds and the one in Dawsonville, GA 400 pawn or whatever.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you're close to dallas, GT distributors does, and they're having a door buster sale lol :)
Thanks Don, I get to Dallas every now and then, I think they have a sore in Austin too, its a little closer to me.

Appreciate the help,

Vic

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks Don, I get to Dallas every now and then, I think they have a sore in Austin too, its a little closer to me.

Appreciate the help,

Vic
Well I'm definately staying the hell out of Austin. I got a little sore one time and I'm still pissed at her. Sorry bud, (spell check) couldn't resist

·
Registered
10 Posts

Just wanted to let you guys know that on Jan 28 i purchased by first Glock a G26 Gen4 from Dana Safety Supply in Buford/Sugar Hill (4729 Nelson Brogdon Sugar Hill Ga ) for $399 + $35 (new membership to GSSF) and 6% sales tax on $399; total $457.94 out the door. Just to let you guys know that there is a dealer in Ga who will sell at $399 rather than $425 to a GSSF member. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Just wanted to let you guys know that on Jan 28 i purchased by first Glock a G26 Gen4 from Dana Safety Supply in Buford/Sugar Hill (4729 Nelson Brogdon Sugar Hill Ga ) for $399 + $35 (new membership to GSSF) and 6% sales tax on $399; total $457.94 out the door. Just to let you guys know that there is a dealer in Ga who will sell at $399 rather than $425 to a GSSF member. Thanks.
I tried to work with these guys to get my last GLOCK on the GSSF program. They were very friendly and closer than I ended up driving, however, they told me it would take 6 weeks to order my GLOCK. I went to my normal place and they had it in two days.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
That's less than the GSSF price...

You sure got a good deal!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am looking at getting a Glock 32 with my GSSF membership price, but just read this and wanted to pass it on. Since this is my first year as a member, I am guessing I can get one if I do it before May 1 of this year or I am guessing I will need to wait. Time to go shopping.

From GSSF 2011 Reference Edition
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reViseD Gssf member pistol purCHase proGram
Effective May 1, 2011
Gssf members eliGible for tHe DisCount purCHase proGram:
• Current members with more than 12 months (1 year) consecutive time as a GSSF member and in possession of the new double-card membership form.
• New "multi-year" members (2 Year, 3 Year, 5 Year and Lifetime members) in possession of the new double-card membership form.
Gssf members not eliGible for tHe DisCount purCHase proGram:
• New Annual (1 Year) members with less than 12 months with GSSF • New Annual Family Membership members with less than 1 year with GSSF.
No person can purchase any type of new GSSF membership and then instantly purchase a pistol on this program. Dealers will not be able to take GSSF Membership fees, complete the membership paperwork and sell a discounted pistol in one transaction.
All membership cards will be approved and issued by GSSF staff only. All members purchasing a pistol under this program must present to the dealer a new-style Membership Card marked
as "GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon" that the dealer will then attach to Form 4473 and retain for their records. summary:
GSSF will print / issue 2 types of membership card forms. New Annual members of any type will continue to get a single membership card and this card will NOT be
accepted to purchase a discounted pistol.
Renewing members of any type or New Multi-Year members will receive 2 membership cards. 1 card will be clearly marked as "GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon," and no member may receive the discounted price without this card. The dealer keeps that card and attaches it to Form 4473 and /or other pertinent records.
These qualifying members may purchase 1 discounted pistol only per calendar year. Please contact GSSF at 770-437-4718 or email to [email protected] for more information.
member responsibilities
1. Member contacts GLOCK for local dealer information, then calls the dealer to be sure they are participating in the program and that the dealer has the model wanted in stock.
2. Member takes the GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon to the dealer along with any other required documents. Dealer will keep the card and attach it to the Form 4473 and/or other pertinent documents.
3. Member is responsible for any taxes or fees as is required by local, state and federal laws. 4. Member must meet all local, state and federal laws necessary to legally purchase a pistol. 5. Member may only purchase 1 GLOCK handgun per calendar year in this program.
Dealer responsibilities
1. Dealer will only sell the discounted pistol upon presentation and receipt of the GSSF Pistol Purchase Coupon. 2. Dealer will retain the coupon for their records. 3. Dealer will sell the pistol from stock at the suggested Sub-Distributor pricing.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Looks like Glock is putting a stop to Ed's Public Safety and their mass GSSF enrollments.

Glock already stopped Ed's from selling to anyone in Florida (at GSSF pricing)...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.