Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in a few ago from the GSSF Conyers match. There were over 700 shooters (largest ever).

I'll be back with a full report later. I didn't do quite as good as I had hoped with my G19, but I bet my previous subcompact time by a huge amount.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It sure was wet. I posted a couple of pics in my album just a minute ago. I only had a few as the rain started in and only got worse throughout the day. The good news is I cut my times in half from Dawsonville. I had some room to work with though. lol.

Surprisingly, I shot my G26 better than my Gen4 G19. I also had a stovepipe in the middle of a string with the Gen4 G19 and it cost me at least 12 points. I paused briefly before I realized I had to clear and continue. It cost me 2 seconds AND most importantly I couldn't recall if I had fired 1 or 2 on the target I was on so I moved on. Come to find out I had only fired 1 so it cost me a MISS. OUCH!!!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I had a great time today shooting my first match. I need work, and I know what to work on but all in all, a great day!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great time...

Looking forward to the detailed report later on...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I came in 7th out of 87 shooters in the Guardian Division.

I was 30th out of 87 in Subcompact.

The Master and Amateur results are recorded together in Subcom with Master shooters marked with an asterisk. I haven't gone through to see how I did compared to the other Amateur shooters.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I shot better than 57 other people in Am. Civilian and better than 13 in Competition. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
It sure was wet. I posted a couple of pics in my album just a minute ago. I only had a few as the rain started in and only got worse throughout the day. The good news is I cut my times in half from Dawsonville. I had some room to work with though. lol.

Surprisingly, I shot my G26 better than my Gen4 G19. I also had a stovepipe in the middle of a string with the Gen4 G19 and it cost me at least 12 points. I paused briefly before I realized I had to clear and continue. It cost me 2 seconds AND most importantly I couldn't recall if I had fired 1 or 2 on the target I was on so I moved on. Come to find out I had only fired 1 so it cost me a MISS. OUCH!!!
I'm glad I shot my first GSSF. I was also surprised I performed better with my 26 than with my 17. I thought they allow re-shoots if you have a malfunction?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Two applicable sections in the GLOCK Report (The Rules) ...
Reshoot: When a competitor's score cannot be recorded,
or a non-shooter-induced malfunction occurs, a range
officer or the Range Master will allow the competitor
to shoot the stage again for score.
RO Notes: Re-shoots can be awarded to the competitor in the case of
range equipment malfunction or failure or due to scoring
errors or omissions. If competitor has an equipment or
ammunition failure, competitor may have one re-shoot
attempt at a "clean" run. If shooter has a second such
malfunction, shooter is to remove the faulty equipment and
ammunition from the line and allow the match to proceed.
Competitor should consult the Armorer or change
ammunition or otherwise take whatever steps are necessary
to correct the problem. Once corrected, shooter is
allowed to re-shoot the Course of Fire to obtain a "clean"
run for final score.
I guess it comes down to the type of malf and if the RO determines/opines if it is user or equipment induced. In my case ... a stovepipe ... I'm guessing the "on the fly" opinion would be user induced ... thus no re-shoot. I prob could have pushed it and got one but it isn't worth it. If I were shooting for the win .....

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
So here is my first attempt at a GSSF match. This was the first stage we shot, shooting a gun for the first time.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Thank you. It's actually a 19c. I shot it in the Competition division purely as a warm-up. I then shot my Gen 4 19 in Am. Civilian class. I did slightly better with the 19c time wise but in both categories, penalties killed me. I'll be working on more accurate shooting in the upcoming months and hope to make it to the Griffin GSSF match in Feb. 2011.

I believe I have the fundamentals down so I just need to work on and polish the trigger control and sights. I might change ny sights but I'm not blaming my poor performance yesterday on equipment. To do so would just be lying. LOL :)

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went back to front on the 5-Glock with my 26 and front to back with my 19 on 2 out of 3 runs.

My thinking was that it would be easier to slow down to speed up, but I found that I was faster when going front to back in the configuration that was used at this match.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Your camera operator sure was smooooooth. lol.

You can post mine too if you want. I don't mind. If I wait for you to put them on DVD I might never see them. I just watched the ones from Dawsonville on the DVD you gave me yesterday. I sucked. I am NOT posting those. OUCH.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two applicable sections in the GLOCK Report (The Rules) ...

I guess it comes down to the type of malf and if the RO determines/opines if it is user or equipment induced. In my case ... a stovepipe ... I'm guessing the "on the fly" opinion would be user induced ... thus no re-shoot. I prob could have pushed it and got one but it isn't worth it. If I were shooting for the win .....
I didn't see it happen, but from your description I thought you should have gotten a re-shoot based on what I have seen at matches including this one.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
14/63 is better than 35/87. I'll take that.

Speaking of .... where the heck were you all day? We lost you after the sign-in and no one saw you again until we were all pretty much finished? Your guys kept asking us, "Where's the Chief?"
After I got done at the 5-Glock, I moved on to the next stage expecting the others to do the same. I kept looking around wondering where y'all were.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.