Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pretty good introductory article on the Gross versus Fine motor skills required to manipulate a firearm. As you'll notice the key point is to practice. Practice can and should mean anything from live fire to dry fire to just practicing your draw stroke, AFTER you have received quality instruction. If I've said it once, I'll say it again and it goes with anything in life... all the practice in the world isn't going to help you get better if you're practicing it wrong.

Weapons Manipulation

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ayoob covers this in a lot of his writing too. He recommends a crush grip when practicing - sounds backwards, squeezing the grips so hard during practice that your hands shake. But if it simulates what you'll experience "in real life", I think it's a good plan. This kind of thinking leads one backwards down the road to the Fairbairn/Sykes/Applegate school of thought on the stance, and instinctive shooting also. The simpler the better. Anyone familiar with Ayoob's book STRESSFIRE?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.