Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my 23 and 27 frames off to Lane (aka Texaspoff) of ColdBoreCustom.com last Friday for a bit of grip texturing work. I chose his "Carry Texture" pattern to cover 360 degrees around the pistol grips, a little patch on the front of the trigger guards and the two +0 pinky finger extensions for my 27 mags. His prices are very reasonable, a lot better than others I have seen out there.

Well, I got my frames back today, (Friday) his boasting about turnaround time wasn't just BS, it only took a week. I am very pleased with his work. I haven't shot them yet, but I can tell a definite difference in the way the pistols feel in my hand. I even did a test where I gripped as if gonna fire and grabbed the muzzle with my other hand and tried to push it back and forth. The result is a much more secure lock of the pistol in my hand.

All in all, if you are interested in a texturing job for your frame and would like something that will improve your grip over the factory texture, give Lane a shout. He is a really nice guy and will get you taken care of.

A short video review I did, which I also posted in the media section here.

Pic

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm honestly a little scared to physically modify my Glocks like that. I'll just stick with Talon Grips for the time being, they supposedly come off easily if needed. Otherwise, your Glocks look nice, damn fine texture job from the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Who did your manicure? LOL;)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great! I would like to eventually send out one of my Glocks for some texturing. Cold Bore Custom does great work and I like the quick turn around time.
Go for it Mark, I dont think you will be disappointed.

I went out for the IPSC 101 match today that I attend, and shot my 23 in some of the rounds. The Carry Texture pattern I had done to it made a big difference and it was great feeling in the hand. It didnt bother me at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.