Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these have been discussed here before but there is a new model that has been released. Todd Green uses one of these and several of the members over on his forum have tried or used them as well. Many of the users had modified the original version to fit their needs better. The manufacturer of the product took some of the modifications and released it with his product. I am considering trying one of the new models.

They make the original for Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 GLOCKS while as I read their website, the new model is currently for Gen 1, 2 and 3 only.

HOME

Original Model
GEN 3 ADAPTER

New Model
GEN 123SC ADAPTER

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I like the looks of it, especially the beaver tail. I would like to see how it feels though. I am not sure how it would feel on a subcompact, but on a full size like my 21 or 22 it may be nice. I would be concerned that it would give the impression of the gun riding higher in my hand.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For like $25.00 I'm wiling to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let us know what you think. I haven't ordered one yet. Two guns this week and holsters, and other accessories has me in the dog house. :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I, too, would like to know what you think. I think I would like it, but I am concerned how it feels carried IWB on your hip. Just wondering if you notice or if it gets in the way.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered mine tonight.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've handled a G17 with one installed. For me it was made the grip too large and felt pretty awkward. In short it felt exactly like what it is ... an add-on or after-thought. It didn't gel well with the feel of the gun.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've handled a G17 with one installed. For me it was made the grip too large and felt pretty awkward. In short it felt exactly like what it is ... an add-on or after-thought. It didn't gel well with the feel of the gun.
Did you handle the G17 with the new style or the original adapter? I wasn't interested in the original, and then recently saw on p-f.com that they had released the new version based on feedback from users that had modified them on their own.

As an FYI for anyone that is on the fence and is thinking abut trying them, currently, if you order one they will ship both the original version and the new version for just under $27.00.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The one I felt was the original. Personally, I didn't see the mods ppl were doing as something that would have changed my opinion of the product.

That's just me though. I like other products ppl poo-poo so to each his own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts