Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allow me to introduce myself. I joined GlockPro a few weeks ago and this is my first post. My name is Chris Brosnahan, I'm 63, a vet of the original Volunteer Army, when it was known as VOLAR (May '71 - Jul '74), my service was in Germany (Illesheim) with an Armored Battalion, 4/35 Armor, The Iron Horsemen. I've been a collector, shooter and reloader for most of my adult life - my first purchase was a Winchester 94 in .44 Mag. - the original top eject, which I bought at the Illesheim Rod & Gun Club; I was proud of that first purchase as I felt it marked my passage into adulthood (even though I was 22 yrs old at the time). I bought my first reloading press while in service and began my reloading hobby when I returned home in the summer of '74. I'm a FL CWP holder and an NRA Life member as well. I belong to numerous veteran's organizations as well as being 100% disabled (P&T). In '08 I bought my first Glock - a used G21 with three hi-cap (or as we think of them, normal,) magazines. My next purchase was another used Glock - a G35...which I wanted to use in trade for a carry Glock - a G32 - for which I could get a substitute barrel in .40 and have TWO Glocks for one...however the boss nixed that idea, but did allow me to consider buying another Glock for carry. My current desire is a Gen 3 G30 - ANOTHER .45 ACP, but depending on price and availability I MAY go back to the G32 or possibly a G19: I now plan to buy a Lone Wolf barrel for the G35 in .357 Sig - i have about 50 pieces of.357 SIG range brass and need another caliber to reload (yes, I'm one of those types who is always searching for another round to reload) ...I'd like to hear from members as to the pros & cons of each...I'm also considering either a Crossbreed or Bravo Concealment IWB holster and again would appreciate comments on both of those. Are there any members in the PSL/Stuart area and is there a GSSF group in the area of WPB to PSL??? I'd like to get into GSSF competition. I briefly shot bowling pin matches in WPB until the range owner got a case of the ass saying the group wasn't his idea of 'paying customers' although they DID pay regular range fees and were steady customers EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT...I truly miss the fun & cameraderie of fellow shooter.

Chris Brosnahan
Port St Lucie, FL

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums... Always nice to have another Floridian join up... I've never shot pins, but it always sounds like fun... Pins are just about the only thing my local club does not shoot...

There's a GSSF match in Clearwater this weekend... I just put up a (late) notice in the competition forum...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx, my friend, always good to hear from a fellow FL Glock owner...for a guy like me who despised the Glock when I first saw it (on the cover of a German firearms magazine, ca. the early 80s at Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami) to one who owns two and hopefully three soon, this is quite the conversion...I've ALWAYS been a 1911 and BHP guy, but the Glock grows on you as you see its many advantages and attributes...I take you're on the West Coast??? I'm hoping to find a GSSF group over here on the TReasure Coast or the WPB area...hopin to join the group in Feb. as finances allow...

Broz

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
G'Day from Vegas and welcome to Glock.Pro!

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you..Plan on purchasing my THIRD Glock within the next few days, a G30 as my new carry gun - waiting to hear from a member on his G30, but if not, will buy locally - can't affort to wait too long in these times of Tyrrany.:eek:

CB in FL

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I may have just updated your question on at least two of those G30 post. They are both old and I believe are no longer for sale. I closed one thread but the other posting is almost a year old and the seller hasn't been around recently.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you...Our local FFL dealer has a G30 listed a $549 - which is most likely a slight bump up...luckily G30 mags are 10 rnd only and should be in THAT much demand, as are G17, 21, 22, and others..I WILL be needing a mag extension for my hand though

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Welcome to Glock.Pro from North Carolina (The Wolfpack State). Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx to all who have welcomed me to the forum...I'd like to know if anyone has used hyro-printing on their Glocks; specifically, I'm looking at a product called MyDipKit.com.

Broz

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Thanx, my friend, always good to hear from a fellow FL Glock owner...for a guy like me who despised the Glock when I first saw it (on the cover of a German firearms magazine, ca. the early 80s at Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami) to one who owns two and hopefully three soon, this is quite the conversion...I've ALWAYS been a 1911 and BHP guy, but the Glock grows on you as you see its many advantages and attributes...I take you're on the West Coast??? I'm hoping to find a GSSF group over here on the TReasure Coast or the WPB area...hopin to join the group in Feb. as finances allow...

Broz
Yes, I'm pretty close to the Clearwater match...

As far as I can see, there are only two GSSF matches in Florida... The one in Clearwater this weekend and one in Orlando in about a month...

Glock Sport Shooting Foundation

Ack... Just looked it up at the link above... There is also a match in St. Augustine in November...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.