Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just purchased a 19 gen 4, and am seriously looking at buying the 34 and 21 or 41?????

Any comments on the 21 or 41 please recommend! It would be for a fun shooting gun at the range, nothing else.

My question coming from shooting mostly 1911's, is that I have read so much on changing the ergonomics with the double undercut on the trigger guard, stippling for grip, taking out the finger grooves and just grip reduction....... I added the beaver tail back strap and that made the feel a lot better to me, but it still points high from what I'm used too...... would you recommend the some of these grip and undercuts to get your hands higher?

I have shot around 200 rounds through my G19 and it is consistently shooting very high left....... I do plan on replacing the factory sights, but is this normal wit factory sights? Any one try out the Heinie double 8 sights?

The G 19 will be a camping/car gun...... just a fun shooter that does it all.....

the 34 competition......

and 21/41 FUN!

Super excited and really like glock I have, just wondering what your thoughts are on some mods for it!

Thank you for allowing me on here and I'm super excited!!!

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
You made an excellent choice with the G19 as your first Glock, it's one of the most popular all-around models.

...Any comments on the 21 or 41 please recommend! It would be for a fun shooting gun at the range, nothing else.
I have also owned a G21SF (the short frame version) and found it to be a good shooter, but the G41 has a longer sight radius and should therefore be a little better as a target gun.

My question coming from shooting mostly 1911's, is that I have read so much on changing the ergonomics with the double undercut on the trigger guard, stippling for grip, taking out the finger grooves and just grip reduction....... I added the beaver tail back strap and that made the feel a lot better to me, but it still points high from what I'm used too...... would you recommend the some of these grip and undercuts to get your hands higher?
The 1911 and Glock have a different grip angle and "feel", as you have discovered. While you can spend the time and money to alter the grip frame of the Glock, I don't think there is any guarantee that you'll ever get it to feel like a 1911. The one certain outcome is that you will reduce the resale value of the Glock, especially to any dealer. Like a heavily customized car, a customized gun doesn't have a lot of market appeal, so please consider that.

I shoot a 1911 in USPSA competition, as well as a Glock. My advice is to learn to adapt to the Glock, learn to shoot it by adapting your grip. You won't forget how to hold and shoot the 1911.

I have shot around 200 rounds through my G19 and it is consistently shooting very high left.......
If you are a perfect shooter, bullet hits to the left could be caused by the sights, perhaps the rear sight is off-center in the slide, or maybe your sight picture is off. If you are using very low velocity target ammunition with a heavy bullet (147-grain), those will hit high.

The Glock comes from the factory set up for a center hold, is that what you are using?

I would have another experienced shooter try the gun, to see what his/her results are. If the problem persists, then we can start to diagnose it further.

I do plan on replacing the factory sights, but is this normal wit factory sights? Any one try out the Heinie double 8 sights?
Glock sights are usually set up well at the factory. I would start by having someone else shoot the gun to rule out operator problems, before worrying about the gun.

Super excited and really like glock I have, just wondering what your thoughts are on some mods for it!
Most Glock owners would probably agree that the sights need to be changed. Personally, I like an adjustable rear sight with a fiber optic front, lots of our Members like night sights, there are lots of choices to be made.

Other than sights, I would not modify the gun, at least not right away. The trigger pull will smooth about over the first several hundred rounds as the Trigger Bar and Connector polish themselves. If you clean and oil the gun according to the instructions in the manual, that's all you may ever need to do to it.

Of course, a lot of us make modifications, and you can get a lot of advice about that on this Forum, but I would really wait until you're accustomed to the trigger before doing much other than changing the sights.

Welcome to the Forum!

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your information Chris!!! I was holding center mass.....and I shoot a fair amount and am accurate with my M&P and 1911......I'm sure it does take some adjusting too. I do understand altering the gun decreases the value, but I buy guns to keep and mold into what works best for me......not worried about the factory warranty or resale as I've seen some people fighting about these things on here.....

Thanks for the welcoming!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from a VA Noob. Sounds like you have some nice pistols.

I've also had various other pistols and had to make some grip change with the Glock.

As for your patterns, you may want to Google up the "free downloadable pistol correction targets". I don't yet have enough posts to put in a link. Anyway, these are diagnostic targets that can show where shots group with different grip or technique changes. There are targets for left-handed as well as right-handed people. I found them generally helpful, particularly when I moved to new pistols. I carry one in my range bag as a reference. Vision issues play into my equation as well, but the charts still help.

Enjoy those pistols.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.