Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the class, back on Aug 7th, the cost of the class was $100.00, and was about 8 hours of class room and firing 50 rounds for score (mine was pass/fail) and a written test. The class was mostly about the legal part of using your gun in public and what could or can happen in a shooting. Paperwork to state cost $75.00 (veteran), and took 5 weeks to get it back.

I did shoot my Glock 19, and easily passed, my other gun is a Sig P250 and was new at the time, was not sure about how well I could shoot it. I do not like the long pull of the P250 trigger, and I am a better shooter with the Glock 19.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Good Stuff Man.. That doesn't sounds like a bad price.. Definitely better than here.. Also, G19 good choice.. hahaha Glock 4 Life. I'm sure you'll get used to the Sig but it's no glock. :)

·
None
1,525 Posts
Not sure, heard normal price is $120.00
GA doesn't have a training requirement for the GWL, which is one of the reasons why some state's won't recognize it.

There are several states that do non-resident permits that also honor the NRA Basic Pistol class as meeting their training requirement. I see some people charging well over $100 for this class, which I guess is fair if you have to rent a range and get something back for your time and investment, but the last class I did was done at $15 a head to cover the cost of the materials. I'm cheap. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
GA doesn't have a training requirement for the GWL, which is one of the reasons why some state's won't recognize it.

There are several states that do non-resident permits that also honor the NRA Basic Pistol class as meeting their training requirement. I see some people charging well over $100 for this class, which I guess is fair if you have to rent a range and get something back for your time and investment, but the last class I did was done at $15 a head to cover the cost of the materials. I'm cheap. :)
When you doing the next one?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
November, but I need to look to see the actual date we picked.
Please let me know ASAP. I want to get it on the calendar now. I'll be glad to assist in anyway I can, unless you plan on OC'ing anyone or using a baton. LOL
(inside joke for those that don't know)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I talked to the wife, trying to get her to attend asa well. We'll see how that works as we get closer.

Sorry to the OP for the thread hijack... congrats on the CHL

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Congrats on the CHL

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Congratulations on your CHL...

Not sure what the "H" stands for... I guess every state has their own acronym...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Coop, congrats.
Did you take a Front Sight Defensive Handgun class in June?
I partnered with Coop there, He was Sm-o-o-oth !!
don't think it was me.
The CHL class was my first, but I don't think my last

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.