Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem to be able to access my old thread about this.....so....

I got my Glock 26 back from it's frame replacement trip to Georgia.....

$66.00 later I now have a new Glock frame with my old slide and barrel on it with a case and 2 new magazines....they did not return my 2 old magazines that I sent with it...

Thoughts??

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hey kaboom, don't recall your OP about the G26. What was the problem? I have a 26, am interested!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I don't seem to be able to access my old thread about this.....so....

I got my Glock 26 back from it's frame replacement trip to Georgia.....

$66.00 later I now have a new Glock frame with my old slide and barrel on it with a case and 2 new magazines....they did not return my 2 old magazines that I sent with it...

Thoughts??
As long as the gun is good to go, I'd say my only complaint would be the shipping charges.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am satisfied......I wish the numbers matched but that's no big deal......the 60 bucks covered shipping and the paper trail because it had to enter NY as a whole new firearm....

The dealer had to do some checking to find out what had to be done with the NYS Ballistic Fingerprint and all that....

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It does suck you have to pay shipping to GLOCK but I've learned through the years most makers won't cover return shipping even for warranty work. A few do but it's rare and must be a really bad issue. It sucks but I've learned to live with it. I just sent back a G21SF myself for a frame replacement.

I would have an issue with the magazines though. I will guarantee you if you call GLOCK and tell them you sent 2 mags with the gun but didn't get them back they will ship you new ones ASAP. Guarantee that.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It does suck you have to pay shipping to GLOCK
i'm acutally dealing with glock on an issue now, and i'm trying to get them to cover shipping, as sometimes they will. it appears you have to raise hell with a supervisor to get it though. great guns, but absolutely crappy service. (i've dealt with glock twice in the past)

i've dealt with glock, s&w, and springfield armory. glock needs to take cust serv lessons from the other two.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I've actually found GLOCK service to be quite fantastic ... except having to pay shipping back to them. I've only had to do it once though. In the past I have had to send guns back to the following;

GLOCK ... I paid shipping
Mossberg ... they paid shipping
SIG SAUER ... they paid shipping
Ed Brown ... I paid shipping

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I've actually found GLOCK service to be quite fantastic ... except having to pay shipping back to them. I've only had to do it once though. In the past I have had to send guns back to the following;

GLOCK ... I paid shipping
Mossberg ... they paid shipping
SIG SAUER ... they paid shipping
Ed Brown ... I paid shipping
we have different definitions of "good service", my friend. for me, if a company requires their patrons to pay shipping, that automatically gets a "crappy rating" from me. then, when they send the wrong parts, or don't send the parts they're supposed to (which glock has done), and i end up paying for the parts out of pocket rather than wait for god knows how long, well that just supports my raiting lol.

when i called SA or s&w--without question, they immediately issued a shipping label to my email, and resolved all issues perfectly. when i compare glock's service to that, they fall way short :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
we have different definitions of "good service", my friend. for me, if a company requires their patrons to pay shipping, that automatically gets a "crappy rating" from me. then, when they send the wrong parts, or don't send the parts they're supposed to (which glock has done), and i end up paying for the parts out of pocket rather than wait for god knows how long, well that just supports my raiting lol.

when i called SA or s&w--without question, they immediately issued a shipping label to my email, and resolved all issues perfectly. when i compare glock's service to that, they fall way short :)
I agree wholeheartedly that GLOCK's parts ordering SUCKS. I don't know if I've ever received an order that was completely correct. I have paid for parts that never showed up, I have paid for the same parts twice, and I have received a bunch of things I didn't pay for at all. I didn't get the FREE parts as SWAG ... they just messed up the quantities on items on the packing slip .... in spite of the packing slip showing the correct #.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly that GLOCK's parts ordering SUCKS. I don't know if I've ever received an order that was completely correct. I have paid for parts that never showed up, I have paid for the same parts twice, and I have received a bunch of things I didn't pay for at all. I didn't get the FREE parts as SWAG ... they just messed up the quantities on items on the packing slip .... in spite of the packing slip showing the correct #.
lol that's exactly what my local armorer said :)

he has so much trouble getting the right parts from glock for warranty issues that he usually ends up selling the correct parts to customers. either glock sends the wrong parts, or they simply don't send them at all, and people don't want to wait. (maybe that's why most glock parts are so cheap lol)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.