Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm new to this site and new to Glocks. I just bought a G23 a couple weeks ago. Thought I'd break away from the Smith and Wesson M&P's and Sigs for a bit and give a Glock a try. I am looking for a good holster for concealment for my 23. What's the best way to go? I have looked for some IWB and even some of the Bianchi holsters. I like the model 57 remedy by Bianchi but its not practical for carry unless it's under a coat or something. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Crossbreeds are good i hear but another good holster just like the crossbreed supertuck is the king tuk by galco. And its cheaper

·
Registered
779 Posts
What bag is in that picture? Sorry to get off topic but I am really wanting a messenger bag with a pocket on the back of it designed for gun carry

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blackhawk makes and awesome messenger bag made for carry. I believe it is called the Covert Carry Messenger bag I believe the price for it is $99 but it is awesome!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hey all,
I am looking for a good holster for concealment for my 23. What's the best way to go?
Not sure about around you ,but my LGS has no issues with customers trying on holsters in the store. They dont have the hugest selection but I would say find someone local to you that has a holster you are interested in and see if they would be willing to let you try it. Perhaps even someone on this board may have something they would be willing to let you try.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Personal Security systems holsters. End of story. LOL..

Asking what is the best holster is not a good thing around here as you'll get 100 different answers. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Asking what is the best holster is not a good thing around here as you'll get 100 different answers.
I suppose you're right TheLaw. But at the same time I was looking for suggestions other than Safariland, Uncle mikes, Blackhawk etc etc. :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I suppose you're right TheLaw. But at the same time I was looking for suggestions other than Safariland, Uncle mikes, Blackhawk etc etc. :D
Well????? Did you end up finding one you like? Made a purchase? We always see these types of posts but we never hear about what the persons final decision was. Or maybe im The only curious one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well????? Did you end up finding one you like? Made a purchase? We always see these types of posts but we never hear about what the persons final decision was. Or maybe im The only curious one.
Alude904 I decided to go with the crossbreed. I found one that a guy was using at the range and he let me try it on with his G27 in it and it felt great easy to conceal and comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
You make a good point. I enjoy talking about gear and will gladly give my opinion. The issue is that I might choose one for IWB versus OWB, with light mounted versus no light, etc, etc.

Plus this is the interweb and not everyone is a knowledgeable like I am on this stuff. So you may get a wrong answer. :)

Like ANYONE telling you to buy the Blackhawk. Bonk them on the head and tell them to NEVER, EVER give advice like that again. LOL

:)

(I need a stir the pot smiley)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You make a good point. I enjoy talking about gear and will gladly give my opinion. The issue is that I might choose one for IWB versus OWB, with light mounted versus no light, etc, etc.

Plus this is the interweb and not everyone is a knowledgeable like I am on this stuff. So you may get a wrong answer.

Like ANYONE telling you to buy the Blackhawk. Bonk them on the head and tell them to NEVER, EVER give advice like that again. LOL

(I need a stir the pot smiley)
Hahaha everyone has to stir the pot a little bit. I do have 2 Blackhawk holsters and the only one I like is the tactical leg holster. The Serpa Level II paddle holster isn't my favorite. Mostly I use that at the rage for drills.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts