Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So JL and I went to the GMTSC Tactical Match held in Toccoa GA yesterday with a few other friends of ours. It was a good match. I have a few videos that I wanted to share.

I like this group of guys and gals and hope to make as many of these monthly matches as possible. I finished at about the middle of a 33 shooter group. Plenty of room for improvement but still pretty well. The mix of shooters at these matches is quite broad. From very good shooters running tricked out guns to very novice shooters. It's a good group of people.

Reactions: __jb

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I like to video tape these matches and my range time when possible. I like to sit down and break down what I did right, what I did wrong etc.. It helps me better myself.

·
Registered
594 Posts
That's an excellent idea. I've actually started doing that with some students. You know, the one's who keep saying "I'm not doing that!" It's kinda like putty dummy rounds in their mags. Instant info. Isn't (some) modern technology grand.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. My video camera I bought records directly to a Hard Drive or memory card. As soon as I get back to my laptop, I can plug the camera in via a USB cable and pull the videos off. They come directly as .AVI files so I don't have to do any type of formatting or editing to simply watch them. It has made doing stuff like this very easy compared to my old tape video camera I used to use.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm gonna have to check and see if I can do the same with my Droid and laptop. Currently just showing them on my Droid screen (pretty small). Hadn't thought about just bringing a USB and my laptop. Thank-you, that will make it an even better tool

·
None
1,525 Posts
These matches are low key and fun, but they are also known for their home cooking. It doesn't have a lot of rules, but what few rules it does have can be described as situational. They have changed in the middle of a match; no kidding.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Let's see if this works:

Stage 1: Even though I tucked in my windbreaker, I still managed to catch the mag in the pocket on the reload; so, I took it off on the rest of the stages. Also, my plan didn't survive contact with the buzzer. I had intended to engage the fist target on the move and then go to the second firing position among the barrels to engage the rest of the targets on the left hand side. It would have saved some time. Between the reload snafu and moving to the unintended shooting position, I figure I added at least 3.0 seconds to my time for the match.

Stage 2: The reload wasn't as smooth as it should have been. I dropped my hands to low and didn't put my index finger along the front of the mag on the draw to point it into the pistol. I figure this cost me around .25 of a second. I could have pushed the cadence on target 4, but I won't get too upset about that one.

Stage 3: Ditto the comments from stage 2. Added .25 of a second.

Stage 4: While engaging target 3, I lost the front sight on my second shot and wasn't sure where the round went; so, I went back and put a third shot on it. As I moved to the second firing position, I couldn't tell where my shots had hit due to so many paisters being on the target; so, I ran 3 shots into it. At the least, all of this probably cost me around .5 of a second.

So, four seconds could have easily been shaved off of this match

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
So JL and I went to the GMTSC Tactical Match held in Toccoa GA yesterday with a few other friends of ours. It was a good match. I have a few videos that I wanted to share.

I like this group of guys and gals and hope to make as many of these monthly matches as possible. I finished at about the middle of a 33 shooter group. Plenty of room for improvement but still pretty well. The mix of shooters at these matches is quite broad. From very good shooters running tricked out guns to very novice shooters. It's a good group of people.
Cool... Thanks for posting the videos... I like watching videos of people shooting...

Sometimes I take my video camera to the range when I shoot... I just set it up next to my range bag and angle it towards me a bit... Not spectacular videos but it helps me to see if I am doing anything wrong... For some reason, when I go to the range with a buddy, I always forget to bring my camera.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
These matches are low key and fun, but they are also known for their home cooking. It doesn't have a lot of rules, but what few rules it does have can be described as situational. They have changed in the middle of a match; no kidding.
Ah, so these are the cheaters...

You should offer to let them shoot FIRST!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Excellent shooting to both you guys... looks like a fun day...

It's easy to tell the Chief... He's the only one carrying handcuffs... :D :D

·
None
1,525 Posts
Did your thumbs grow since I saw you last? Your weak hand thumb looked almost to the end of the muzzle. It just looked different to me. Maybe I need more coffee.
The 19 really isn't that much longer than the 26/27. It's been a while since you have seen me shoot the 19 though (our first IDPA match) as I have been shooting the 34 since then.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.