Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Georgia Mountain Tactical Shooting Club

I shot this match today. Below is my report:

The match was set up in four stages with each stage being in its own bay with four squads rotating through each bay. We all shot the match in roughly two hours. This match was along the lines of an IPSC match.

There is a mandatory reload on each stage, but the reload point isn't specified other than you have to have fired at least two shots out of a mag prior to reloading, and you must shoot at least two shots after reloading. Mags can be loaded to capacity, and there is no penalty for dropping a mag that still contains rounds.

The targets were all IPSC type cardboard targets with the head being treated as a single zone worth 10 points and the A&C zones being worth 10 points with the D zone being 5 points.

Scoring is a Comstock style scoring with total match points being divided by time.

The scores should be posted in a couple of days, but they read off the scores at the end of the match. I wasn't close to winning, but I was fairly satisfied with my performance. I shot the match clean getting full match points, but I had a couple of bobbles and left about five seconds out on the range that I wish I had back.

I was shooting my G34 with the trigger parts from the glocktriggers.com Challenger kit but with the stock springs. I was extremely pleased with the performance of the trigger. It was buttery smooth with a strong reset.

I really had not shot this pistol under any stress until today. I had qualified with it, and I shot it to dial in the sights, but that is it. I swapped the extended mag release out for a standard one with another deputy sometime back as the extended mag releases cut my hand. The five seconds or so that I left on the range came from two reloads. I had one reload where I hit the mag release, and the mag didn't drop free immediately, and I had another where the mag didn't seat causing me to scramble for the mag. I will be examining the mag release and spring to see if anything it wrong with them. I hope it is a mechanical problem and not a shooter problem...

A single stack gun would not be competitive in this match due to the number of rounds fired per stage.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Nice. I look forward to trying one of these one day soon.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Sweet! You can always use it if I can't got before the next one.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The scores have been posted. I finished 19th out of 45 overall. Those two reload bobbles cost me severely as I was 100% on target points, and I know that several of the people that beat me dropped some points. The clock just wasn't kind to me this time.

As this was my first match there, I'm not classified. After shooting the third match, and shooter is classified for division based on the average of their three most recent scores on file.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Looks like Saturday November 20th is the next match. Registration is at 10 AM. If I can make the ARC match next week with the rimfire, and spend a few with you and or Vol on the range with the GLOCK afterward, I will try to make this match.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just played with the math. Five seconds off of my time would have only improved my score by .625 improving my placing from 19th to 15th. So, it wouldn't have made an earth shattering change.

I either need to get much more trigger time with the G34, or I need to take my ever faithful G19 next time. One thing is for certain, I need to push myself much harder next time.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ran plenty of controlled pair (double tap) drills today, and feel like I can push the 34 plenty faster than I did in this match. That should help future scores considerably. I still don't think I can push it as fast as the 19, but I want to continue to use the 34 for this match, at least until I can secure a 19C.

I also did one series of reloading drills, and the mags were definitely hanging up in the pistol; so, I'll be swapping out the mag catch ASAP.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I ran plenty of controlled pair (double tap) drills today, and feel like I can push the 34 plenty faster than I did in this match. That should help future scores considerably. I still don't think I can push it as fast as the 19, but I want to continue to use the 34 for this match, at least until I can secure a 19C.

I also did one series of reloading drills, and the mags were definitely hanging up in the pistol; so, I'll be swapping out the mag catch ASAP.
OK OK. I'll trade you the 19c for the G26 and the G34. Deal!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I'm curious why you don't think you can push a 34 as fast as a 19? I would think the 34 would be a much better target gun...

Have you ever thought about getting a 17L? Seems like it would have all the benefits of a 19C and a longer sight radius like the 34...

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm curious why you don't think you can push a 34 as fast as a 19? I would think the 34 would be a much better target gun...

Have you ever thought about getting a 17L? Seems like it would have all the benefits of a 19C and a longer sight radius like the 34...
I have handled the 17L, and it is just too long for my taste. I wouldn't turn down a free one.

I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds through my 19, and I have taken it through several classes. It's my go to pistol. I can shoot the 34 a little more accurately, but I just can't run it, or any other pistol, as instinctively as I can run my 19.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glock 19 C's...

Used them for range guns. Less felt recoil.
I do not know that I would give extra over the price of the 19 to get one!
Very little noticable difference in recoil.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.