Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on another forum.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gled-80-guns-UK-used-Manchester-shooting.html

An American man is suspected of smuggling 80 weapons into the UK by hiding them in his suitcases.

Former U.S. marine Steven Greenoe, who holds British citizenship, apparently strolled through airport security in both Britain and America with dozens of handguns stashed in his suitcases on ten flights last year.
A number of 9mm semi-automatic pistols believed to have been bought by Mr Greenoe for $500 each in a North Carolina gunshop were offered for sale at up to £5,000 a piece in Britain a week later, according to the Times.

More than 60 weapons, including more than 20 Glock pistols and more than a dozen Ruger handguns, are understood to be still unaccounted for.

Mr Greenoe, 37, who is married to a British woman, was finally arrested in the United States in July after a British-led investigation.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've heard about that, I think it's the same guy. Apparently he was using some loophole where Marines are able to bypass the normal process for importing/exporting weapons. I believe he was doing the same with Mexico. Didn't he think he would get caught? Dumb!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Unfortunate cannon fodder for the idiots to write about. One instance gets turned into a sh*t storm. I'm sure we'll hear about it in someones political rant.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
That's hard to believe???

All these scanners and searches and all you have to do is pose as a Marine? That's an unbelievable loophole... I just can't believe it!

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, only going over the short snipit in the "news" article. It said he disassembled the firearms and placed the parts throughout his luggage. This tries to make the point that the TSA Agents did not notice the firearms because they didn't look like firearms, but rather pieces of something in his luggage. All an assumption, but that's how I read the article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.