Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who owns a sf and regular model 30 pistol and is there a great difference in reach.
If the reach is shorter does it accualy help for smaller hand. Now here the real question. Would a 30sf grip to work in place of a 27 grip.. Just sold a play pistol that i could change from 9mm up to 10mm with an upper and mag change. Don't know there are some calibers that could innerchange frames in glock and still function. Would like a smaller grip on my 27 with out hack'n it up. I wish glock sold there with the smaller grip as part of a option package.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I fired a Glock 30 SF and it felt very similar to shooting a Glock 19. The length of pull is shorter. However, even with the modification, it's still slightly larger than a Glock 19 grip.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
welcome :)

i recently bought a glock 29 (same frame as the g30), and i went with the non-SF one despite having very small hands. the SF frame just didn't feel right for me, and made it more difficult to get the right high grip hold that i like. others prefer the SF frames. i actually shoot my non-SF g29 better than my g19.

i fired a friend's G30 SF, and although i shot it better than he did lol, i still didn't shoot it as tight as my non-SF g29.

it's all personal preference. however, just because you have extremely small hands, doesn't mean you'll shoot better with the SF frame. i didn't, and my hands are tiny lol

try to rent both if you can, and see which one you shoot better with :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the difference in trigger pull length is like 3.3 mm. I have the 30SF and despite fairly large hands, I like the way it felt better than the regular frame. I don't have near the Glock experience as many of the guys here but I know what I like and I like the 30SF. What Don said in trying out the two side by side is great advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the last two. Will a 30 sf grip assemble fit on to the compairable model 27. Will the mag work also. Some pistols use the same grip assemble for different calibers. That is what i wish to find out. will the 30sf grip assembly fit to a 27 and work. Glock should offer the sf to all models.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
For the last two. Will a 30 sf grip assemble fit on to the compairable model 27. Will the mag work also. Some pistols use the same grip assemble for different calibers. That is what i wish to find out. will the 30sf grip assembly fit to a 27 and work. Glock should offer the sf to all models.
no, a g30 grip will not fit g27 slide.

the gen4's are SF frames. a gen4 g27 is coming out, although no one know when.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
No. They won't work for what you want. It really isn't a good idea to swap around uppers and lowers anyway. They are not intended for that. When people switch calibers it is generally by using conversion barrels ... not swapping uppers.

RE: the SF models. They will soon be going away altogether as GLOCK introduces more Gen4 models. The modularity of the Gen4 basically make all models SF by not using the backstraps.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
No. They won't work for what you want. It really isn't a good idea to swap around uppers and lowers anyway.
folks are putting their g36 uppers on their g30/sf frames for some reason. that's the only combo that'll actually work, but i see no benefit. the g36 slide is marginally smaller/lighter. i guess these people are bored lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have only had my glocks for about a month and am allways looking to what can be changed or modified. Not new to firearms, Have 48years of firearms behind me, just new to glocks. The one pistol I sold was for play and shooting matchs was a witness match that is built so that you can change uppers . Very smart comepaired to most others. By a any caliber they offer and change to any of 9mm,38super/9-23. 40sw, 45acp,10mm also a 22 kit. All for around 200 bucks for each conversion kit. You could also do that with the older short grip series and the palstic frames. Just did not know if glock was sharp enough to also allow the same frame to be used on many pistols,or the other way around. Oh I also thought the 30sf started with the gen 3. Does not really matter now .thank for the replies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.