Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know that about 75% of you aren't strictly Glock owners - there are other guns out there that you like as well. We're working on a section of the forums which houses various gun manufacturers so that you can talk with your glock.pro friends about your other guns.

I've laid out a general listing - you can see it from the main 'Forum' page. Please let me know if you have ideas for other sections within there.. or if I added a couple dumb ones that no one cares about.

We'll still have the glock-only section.. and glock-only classifieds section.

Thanks everyone!

Rob

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
How about a "Revolver" category? I would like to hear this group's thoughts and opinions on the "wheel guns".... I don't think it would need to be brand or caliber specific.....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thought it was fine the way it was before.

Unless you are going to set up a sub forum for EVERY manufacturer, what is the criteria for the ones you choose? You are going to be bombarded with requests for every brand there is.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the first week or so we'll mess with the initial listing. After that, I would think the basics would be covered and there'd need to be a pretty good push to create an additional one.

It basically came about because my father-in-law and brother-in-law are both into guns but not glocks.. there are a lot of people like that that could be great members.

I would also like to be the first person to call myself a hypocrite - i've slammed another 'glock' site in the past for having minimal glock-only forum sections and other manufacturer forums almost taking over the site.. I can understand how and why that probably happened.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A couple ppl came up w/ a better idea than manufacturer-specific.. so it's changed up a little. We've created special sections under 'Non-Glock'.. take a look and let me know if you see something missing (or twice, etc) .. heh.

Thanks everyone!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I would think a site named Glock.pro would be mostly/all Glock...

There have always been sections for other guns...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I like the idea of staying Glock dominant. Besides having a section for other guns here, there's a plethora (I just looked that word up) of other sites for specific firearms.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably going to spin down the 'other' sections.. After thinking about it a lot today, I realized that Glock.Pro really should be just for Glocks.

I've spun off http://www.ShootersAddiction.com for those looking for an all-around gun forum.

Check it out! It should look familiar!

For those that did post in the other sections, take a minute and register on the new site and re-post your thread (yeah, i know... sorry).

Thanks for putting up with me folks :). I think I made the right decision this time around.

Rob

·
Registered
594 Posts
Honestly believe you're right in your decision. But are you going to try and admin both? Just so you stick around here, you're doing a great job. I can say that from experience. Well done.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I think I'll be sticking around here and prob won't register on the other site. Like others said, I'm here mostly to discuss GLOCKs. I have other places I talk about other things. I find when one site spins off to another much of the same people post in both places and you end up seeing the same stuff from them on both places. In the end the original site either gets too watered down or the new site flounders and fails.

I also agree with removing all the sub sections for specific manufacturers. Just leave one section for OTHER handguns and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
If/When we remove the sub-forums here, let's go back to the "other" sub-forum and move people's post into it before deleting the manufacturer specific sub-forums so people don't lost their posts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.