Glock Pro Forums banner

Glock factory smoothface, or serrated trigger?

• Serrated

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Smoothface

Votes: 16 69.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Smooth face for me. I switched mine out for smooth and it just feels better to me.

·
None
1,480 Posts
Smooth. It allows more surface area to spread the pressure of the pull across, which I believe allows for more accurate shooting despite the irony of the serrated trigger being called a target trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I had to say smooth on this

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Smooth ... more surface area and it just seems to help me with a better trigger "press" straight to the rear. The angles on the serrated trigger seem to me to encourage shooters to press the trigger back less smoothly, more angled. I hope that makes sense. My point is ... what's easier to press straight back ... a smooth/rounded trigger or one that is angled like a triangle?

All my GLOCKs get smooth triggers immediately. I keep them on hand in my parts box.

If anyone needs serrated triggers let me know. I can prob hook you up cheap. I'm sure I have some brand new take-off ones in my parts box.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
My point is ... what's easier to press straight back ... a smooth/rounded trigger or one that is angled like a triangle?
Makes perfect sense to me. +1 for smooth!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like the serrated because I can immediately tell if my finger is exactly in the same position for each shot. I think I get better repeatability with it. Plus it helps me feel if I pulled straight back or slightly angled.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smooth. after awhile shooting at the range with serrated one, it becomes a bit irritating to the trigger finger...

Also, with the serrated, I feel when target shooting, the serrated edge keeps my finger from naturally moving when pulling trigger. Hard to explain, but I shoot more accurate with the smooth due to the rough skin on my hands.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the serrated because I can immediately tell if my finger is exactly in the same position for each shot. I think I get better repeatability with it. Plus it helps me feel if I pulled straight back or slightly angled.
i just got back from the range with my G29 and the smoothface trigger, i don't seem to shoot it as well as with the serrated one--i agree with you on the finger memory....but it is more comfy than the serrated one with nuclear 10mm loads.

i've switched back and forth so many times, i can't seem to make my mind up on that one lol

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I assume all the triggers are the same?
40cal/9mm/357sig models all use the same and don't fit the larger models.

10mm/45 use the same and don't fit the smaller models.

the SF frames come with their own style which won't properly fit a non-SF glock, but you can put a non-SF trigger bar into an SF glock, which actually lightens the pull slightly.

the gen4's are nothing more than SF frames with a new texture, so you can put a stock trigger bar in them.

sorry if that doesn't make sense lol

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
40cal/9mm/357sig models all use the same and don't fit the larger models.

10mm/45 use the same and don't fit the smaller models.

the SF frames come with their own style which won't properly fit a non-SF glock, but you can put a non-SF trigger bar into an SF glock, which actually lightens the pull slightly.

the gen4's are nothing more than SF frames with a new texture, so you can put a stock trigger bar in them.

sorry if that doesn't make sense lol
Makes sense... Thanks... I probably should have looked it up...

I figured triggers were something Glock would have standardized and made the same for any caliber pistol...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Happy with smooth. I can still feel where the trigger is contacting my finger, and I think a smooth trigger would be less likely to shift my aim sideways when the trigger breaks. I'm concerned that the serration is more likely to dig into my finger and transmit any "low-left" forces from an improper trigger pull.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Makes sense... Thanks... I probably should have looked it up...

I figured triggers were something Glock would have standardized and made the same for any caliber pistol...
no prob, my friend :)

yeah they couldn't standardize the trigger bars because they run along the magazine channel inside the grip-which varies depending on the frame size/caliber.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Happy with smooth. I can still feel where the trigger is contacting my finger, and I think a smooth trigger would be less likely to shift my aim sideways when the trigger breaks. I'm concerned that the serration is more likely to dig into my finger and transmit any "low-left" forces from an improper trigger pull.
hmmm, interesting point....i was pondering this issue as well :)

·
None
1,480 Posts
Think about how a lever works on a fulcrum. Then consider how the narrower contact point of the serrated trigger interacts with the trigger finger.

Now, which trigger is more apt to produce lateral action with a not perfectly straight back pull?

What will lateral action cause?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.