Glock Pro Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,948 Posts
Excellent post... Thanks for sharing your knowledge...

I knew that something changed in the rails, but didn't have the full story that you presented... good stuff!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very informative thread Boomer....

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
***UPDATE***​

I fixed the links for the missing pictures on the #1 post.

·
Super Moderator
6,948 Posts
Thanks...

This has been a popular thread!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great piece of writing!! Nice to learn the history and evolution of Glocks... thank you sir.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the greatest forum ever! I have read this post 3 times and still enjoy what I'm learning!

"I'd rather live one day as a lion than one thousand years as a lamb. "

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The accounting in the OP's starter post, regarding how Gaston designed pistols is total, unadulterated horsehockey. He didn't know jack about designing firearms, so he wisely hired Austrian engineers and firearms design experts who did know jack about designing firearms. Gaston is a marketing genius, not a pistol-designing genius! :cool:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Excellent write up. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks. I first came to know of Glocks while I was in the service in 1991. I suppose they were the gen 2?

I had the opportunity to handle the 17, 19 and 21 and found I liked the 21 in my hand the best.

If memory serves, they (a couple of the guys in my squad) had taken a Glock and submerged it in salt water (in a five gallon bucket) for several days. Then they took it and fired it. It did not misfire. I knew then, that these were the side arm for me. They had been advertised as indestructable. Made from plastic if I recall properly. They got a lot of attention and were also picked up by the Rod and Gun clubs on the bases.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The accounting in the OP's starter post, regarding how Gaston designed pistols is total, unadulterated horsehockey. He didn't know jack about designing firearms, so he wisely hired Austrian engineers and firearms design experts who did know jack about designing firearms. Gaston is a marketing genius, not a pistol-designing genius! :cool:
Walter ... very true. And the engineers didn't really invent much new either. Major elements of the "Tupperwear" gun were synthesized into a new unique product. Having said, besides his marketing skills, I'd also say the guy had a real set of steel ones on him to compete with established gun manufacturers. Can you imagine what his reputation would be like had he failed?

I always admire people that get successful because they surround themselves with experts - put their ego aside for a time - and then solve a problem. They essentially become experts at finding experts to fill a particular niche.

And there is only one horsehockey that my horses hock ... the unadulterated kind ... pure ... absolutely pure.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Alright, the pictures are now updated.
I belive the quote was "Get rid of that silver plated sissy pistol, get yourself a Glock". How about Die Hard 2 when Bruce goes "Hey that's a Glock 7. It's all plastic and cost more than you can make in a month".

41 - 58 of 58 Posts