Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen this link on the forum yet. Apologies in advance if I missed it. I'm a little shaken up since I'm about 3 degrees separated from this person. If the report is true, this was completely preventable. As a reminder to everyone-- carry a Glock in a good quality holster. Act safe = be safe.

Virginia man killed by his own concealed handgun | WSLS 10

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah, I didn't see in the story if it was holstered or not, and if it was, I'd like to know what kind of holster. The story does mention the second person's firearm was not holstered in his pocket.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
OK. I was going to guess no holster, which is where I would put the clipdraw or a cloth/fabric holster with soft sides. Really too bad that they tried to make this out to be an issue with the GLOCK...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
What a shame...

The guy loses his life and the newspaper is crusading against handguns...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I heard about this when it was first reported. Tragedy that could have been avoided.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The clipdraw is a useless piece of junk and is one of those things the gun world can do without. There's nothing safe about them, a good holster for carry is a MUST!

·
Registered
434 Posts
So true, and if you don't spend the time and Money to research and buy a holster that is comfortable to you in the various stages of CCW than shame on you. I own multiple holster, each has it's carry function and purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
but this is often the case. We can spend $400.00, $600.00, $1,000.00 on a firearm and then look on a wall and see a $25.00 plastic holster and say "That's the one for me!" Then we hang it off a cheap belt we've had for years that barely holds up our pants.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Law your so right, shame on us if we do that. It all comes back to gun owners responsibilities......we all have right as gun owners, but some forget their responsibilities. Check out the CCW thread I started because this issue got me thinking.

·
Super Moderator
6,494 Posts
Having worked in various levels of prosperity, there is a saying that crosses all boundaries most of the time, and that is, "Usually you get what you pay for !"

Meaning, if you shelled out $600 for a new Glock, that is prolly what you got, but most assuredly, if you shelled out $20.00 for a cheap holster that is definitely what you got !

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
but this is often the case. We can spend $400.00, $600.00, $1,000.00 on a firearm and then look on a wall and see a $25.00 plastic holster and say "That's the one for me!" Then we hang it off a cheap belt we've had for years that barely holds up our pants.
True...

...and that probably works fine most of the time... The problem is that guns are lethal weapons... Mistakes are much more costly... Sometimes life-changing events...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clipdraw sells an OPTIONAL product called Saf-T-Blok that snaps into the triggerguard and prevents the trigger from being pulled rearward until you pop it out. This should be a part of the Clipdraw system instead of being sold separately. I still don't understand the appeal of this rather than a good holster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.