Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a Glock 26 and have run into a small issue. There seems to be a gap between the baseplate of the magazine and the bottom of the grip. The magazine can be pushed up so that it is flush with no gap but as soon as you let go it goes back down.

This happens with an empty and full magazine, as well as with an old (non-ambidextrous) and new (ambidextrous) magazines.

I have made a video showing what I am talking about

What do you guys/gals think? Is there anything I can do about this? Should I call Glock? Are your Glocks like this as well?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Maybe the camera is taking away from what I am seeing. But it looks normal to me. Are you having any reliability issues? Glock tolerances are kinda loose which is what helps them be so reliable. As far as what you can do about it....there are people out there that do modifications to glocks. Maybe one of them can help you out.

There is a member of this board that does very professional work. I will see if I can find his name real quick.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Here is a link to the guys website it is all I could find at the moment. He might be able to help you.
ColdBoreCustom.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's hard to see in the video... I think you can see it the most towards the end of the video when I release my grip from the Glock and you can see the gap in between the Pearce extension and the bottom of the grip (2:08 - 2:17).

So far I have had no reliability issues. It's just the fact that with every shot the magazine moves a considerable amount (compared to my XDm) and at times pinches my skin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright well I had my first issue today. As you can see in the picture, my G26 had a FTF (Failure to feed). This was using Winchester White box ammo and the factory mags that came with my G26 (they are the ambi models and the follower has a number 6 on it).

I have shot hundreds of WWB ammo through my XDm and never had an issue. Could this FTF be due to the gap I originally mentioned in this thread? I plan on using this as my EDC and this FTF so early on is kidn of discouraging me. Any info/advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, maybe my understanding of what is considered an FTF and what is considered a stovepipe is incorrect. Can someone please clarify what is considered what?

Regardless of what it's called, what would cause the front of the round to be shoved upwards like that?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
That is a FTF. Most FTFs are magazine issues. Maybe since you are having problems a call to Georgia might be appropriate.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Call them and find out. Glock Inc. is VERY helpful and will stand behind their product 100%. Something is wrong with your gun or magazines I think...Ive put thousands of rounds through my G26 with not a single malfunction.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
the gap is normal. all glocks have it.

as far as the the feed issues, call glock and ask to swap it for the original mags, not the ambi gen4 one's. that's what i would do...

i've dealt with their cust serv several times, and it is seriously lacking. took forever, sent wrong parts, never did send certain parts. hopefully you'll have better luck. seems to be hit or miss with this company.

·
None
1,525 Posts
the gap is normal. all glocks have it.

as far as the the feed issues, call glock and ask to swap it for the original mags, not the ambi gen4 one's. that's what i would do...

i've dealt with their cust serv several times, and it is seriously lacking. took forever, sent wrong parts, never did send certain parts. hopefully you'll have better luck. seems to be hit or miss with this company.
I'm pretty sure that all mags are now being manufacrured with the ambi cut in them as they work in all generations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright so I just went to my gun shop and looked at another G26 and it has the same sized gap as mine. So maybe it is normal (that sucks). As for the FTF, I will just shoot a bunch more rounds and see if it happens again. If it doesn't then I will chalk it up to break-in/fluke.

I will say one thing though... buying a Glock has made me appreciate my XDm A LOT more. But that is for a different forum/thread :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
If the FTFs happen with Winchester White Box 115gr I'm not surprised. Move up in grain or try a different brand. If American Eagle doesn't cycle the gun properly there's definitely something wrong.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well i ordered a few more mags for my 3gen G23 recently and i too noticed one magazine having a much greater gap then any others. the gap in mine i think is worse then yours. and all the other magazines have little or no gap in comparison. but i have had no failures so far with this magazine although i dont keep my magazines in perfect rotation so im not exactly sure how many times ive used it but so far no issues. so my policy is if it aint broke dont fix it.

if i understand your video correctly both of your mags have the same gap so maybe thats a gun issue and not a mag issue but id keep shooting it to see what happens. and if it does fail again really study what happened. and maybe while shooting pull down as hard as you can and push up as hard as you can on the mag. try to get it to fail on purpose.

i think the reason the mag goes up and down when you shoot is just the force of the slide stripping off a round and pulling the mag up in the process.

oh and let me add that my magazines are not ambidextris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.