Glock Pro Forums banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Bioshield T9 ever so gently inside (once every few months), and do wipe the outside metal with it after use. I use a Pen Oiler for the inside work (looks sorta like a syringe with a very long needle - Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Pen-Oiler-Oiling-Grandfather-Clocks/dp/B007NTFGCS). T9 was put out initially by the Boeing Company. Many of my shop woodworking machines have cast iron tables, and this stuff really works. We are very close to the bay (salt water), and we have high humidity half of the year except for Nov-April.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thankx for that hmonnier, I also have woodworking machines and live on the coast. I keep my table saw covered up but the steel top still rusts if I do not treat it occasionally !

I will look into this product.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I do not think there is a "best lube" as you ask and others have answered, take their advice and try your own ideas. I have always used fully syn auto trans fluid. Great for hi temp and cleans as well. I have used it for years on all my weapons.
^^THIS. People seem to afraid to strike out on their own and try a reputable product without validation from others. Unless a response is from an expert in lubrication, everything is opinion only.

I recommend doing some research from independent 3rd party experts and forming ones own opinion

·
Registered
530 Posts
More of the cheapest lube is better than none of the "best"...... Assuming there even is such a thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ballistol - check online.
After watching a YouTube video, thought I would try it.
Shot 200 rds yesterday.
To clean my G41, tried baby wipes for first time and they were amazing, they acted like a magnet getting all the powder residue off. Then sprayed the inside of the barrel with ballisol and let soak while lubricating the slide and other areas with ballisol and q-tips.
A good bore snake works well.
Ballisol cleans, lubricates and preserves all in one.
The above cleanup took less than 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm old school. Still use Hoppes #9 and CLP for cleaning, and RemOil for lubrication. One thing I have noticed though, is that Glocks don't require to be ran "wet".

201 - 209 of 209 Posts