Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Glock 24, 34 and 35 and there my Favorite Glock's. They shoot like a dream just a thrill to shoot. Does anyone else feel as me. Even some Custom Glock LongSlides opinions are most welcome.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
I had a chance to pick up a new 17L a couple of months ago. It is my most accurate Glock and I love shooting it... I put a set of Ameriglo Pro Operator sights on it (but with a .140 front) and they help a lot... I removed the adjustable rear in one piece, so it is still usable, but I don't plan on selling it.

About the only thing that would prompt me to buy a non-9mm Glock would be if I ran across a nice 24 some day... Or maybe a 4th gen 35...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I love my G34 and without question shoot it more accurately than any of my other GLOCKs. I felt that way before installing the GlockTrigger.com Challenger kit. After installing it ... I can't even tell you how much I love this gun.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying on buying a G34 now. I have to sell my XD first. :(
I sure hope you get you a 34. The first time i saw one in my friends gun case i asked what kind of glock is that? As soon as he handed me the gun i knew i was buying it. The feel and balance felt very good to me.

Just curious, does the long slide sight plane really make that much difference over say the 17?
For some it does. For me for sure the longer sight radius helps. The top shooters that win use the 34 mostly. But it is all so subjective. Some women and a few very young use the 34 and do very well with it. My 34 is OD and its a very good shooter.

I had a chance to pick up a new 17L a couple of months ago. It is my most accurate Glock and I love shooting it... I put a set of Ameriglo Pro Operator sights on it (but with a .140 front) and they help a lot... I removed the adjustable rear in one piece, so it is still usable, but I don't plan on selling it.
About the only thing that would prompt me to buy a non-9mm Glock would be if I ran across a nice 24 some day... Or maybe a 4th gen 35...
Congrats on the 17L. I have never seen one but i believe its like my 24 but a 9mm. If i find one it will be my next Glock. I have gen3 35 and could not be happier. I hear real nice reports about the gen4 35.

I love my G34 and without question shoot it more accurately than any of my other GLOCKs. I felt that way before installing the GlockTrigger.com Challenger kit. After installing it ... I can't even tell you how much I love this gun.
Me to my 34OD was my first LongSlide and now know why some like them so much. Congrats on yours sounds great.

I liked 'em so much, I made my own...

Very nice i'm a big fan of LoneWolf. Yours looks very nice and i bet its a great gun to shoot. thanks for the pic. I might build a L/W longslide oneday.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
I should have mentioned that part of the reason I liked my 17L so much was because of the "-" connector. It made a huge difference... especially compared to my 4th gen 17 and 19. I have since put them in my other Glocks, too.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Congrats on the 17L. I have never seen one but i believe its like my 24 but a 9mm. If i find one it will be my next Glock. I have gen3 35 and could not be happier. I hear real nice reports about the gen4 35.
Thanks! The 17L is indeed the Glock 24's 9mm brother.

The 17L and the 24 were Glock's premier target shooting pistols until several practical shooting associations banned them (because of barrel length). Glock updated them to the new size restrictions and renamed them the 34 and 35.

I'll let you know if I ever see another nice 17L for sale...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I should have mentioned that part of the reason I liked my 17L so much was because of the "-" connector. It made a huge difference... especially compared to my 4th gen 17 and 19. I have since put them in my other Glocks, too.
All my GLOCKs have either one of the following connector; 4 have GLOCK "-" connectors, 2 have Ghost Ultimate connectors, and 1 has a Ghost Ranger connector. They do make a difference.

Now, go get yourself a GlockTrigger.com kit. I love the Challenger and it is exactly what I needed as it is SSP legal in IDPA.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found a Glock 24 in Upstate SC at a very good price. PM me and i will give where and how much brand new. I sure like mine.

Thanks! The 17L is indeed the Glock 24's 9mm brother.

The 17L and the 24 were Glock's premier target shooting pistols until several practical shooting associations banned them (because of barrel length). Glock updated them to the new size restrictions and renamed them the 34 and 35.

I'll let you know if I ever see another nice 17L for sale...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I can't wait to get my G34 and then a trigger kit. I plan on winning one at GSSF in a few weeks. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't wait to get my G34 and then a trigger kit. I plan on winning one at GSSF in a few weeks. :)
I sure hope you win a 34. I have large hands(XL gloves) I carry a G19 edc but the larger guns feel better in my hands could be the reason i shoot them better. I was planning on Griffin that will have to wait. I'll hope to meet all at a close match soon, David

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Good luck at the GSSF meet... After shooting all day at the GSSF meet in Orlando, I can truthfully say all my hope for winning a new Glock is in the random drawing... :D

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
and your point is? That's where my hopes always lie. :)
Mine too. Don't give up hope though. I won one last year in the random draw and another from writing a letter to GSSF and having it selected to publish in their publication. Yes, I won two guns last year and neither was for performance.

I plan to shoot 4 GSSF matches this year. I will shoot at least 2 divisions each, maybe 3. That means LOTS of chances to win.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah I will shoot two divisions again this year at Griffin, Dawsonville and Conyers hopefully. 6 chances to win!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.