Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda disappointed in this rig. The laser doesn't aim straight, it points up.

I believe it's the front of the trigger guard pushing it up and/or the natural bend in the frame. I've got it on at about 20 feet.

Glock told me how to straighten the frame, but it just goes back to where it was. Anyone else have this issue or know what to do about it? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I'm curious, what method does one use, for straightening the frame ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In hot water :)

I'm curious, what method does one use, for straightening the frame ?
Put the frame in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes, (makes it somewhat pliable, and I just put the muzzle end in) then put the slide back on. At the muzzle end, put a nickel between the frame and the slide and leave 'er lay for 24 hours.

It worked, but mine went back as soon as I put the light on.

This is what a guy told me when I called Glock, but he said the curve of the frame is perfectly normal.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Like the story of the tractor rider who kept his G in a metal box in the heat of the day, and worrying about the ammo going off, seems frame distortion would be a concern under certain circumstances.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Small upward curve is normal. But isn't there a way to adjust the point of aim (POA) on the laser?

I hate to ask this but is there a return option on the light? Glock is known for making really great guns; lights/lasers not so much. :-(

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
We have a nickname for the upward curve of the front of the frame: "Pig Nose" or "pignose".

No kidding. Do a Google search on that and you'll be entertained for a while.

It's more pronounced on some Glocks than others, and until now I don't think I'd ever seen it associated with a problem, but not having a light aim correctly certainly is a problem.

Chris

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Kinda disappointed in this rig. The laser doesn't aim straight, it points up.

I believe it's the front of the trigger guard pushing it up and/or the natural bend in the frame. I've got it on at about 20 feet.

Glock told me how to straighten the frame, but it just goes back to where it was. Anyone else have this issue or know what to do about it? Thanks.
Chico,

What was your resolution? Fix it or return it?

I am considering one of these.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
58 Posts
i'm a noob so forgive me, but if it is that easy to change the "pig nose" by applying some heat / placing it in boiling water, wont it come back if you fire quite a few rounds through it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts