Glock Pro Forums banner

What would you do for the perfect Glock pistol grip?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would you do for the perfect Glock pistol grip? No matter what model.

1. Leave it be.
2. Reduce it.
3. Add a slip-on.
4. Get a Gen4 for changeable backstraps.

Please Vote.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would reduce it, even with having a gen 4 the grip isnt as small as I think it could be. But its still smaller than the previous gen's so its a lot more comfortable for me.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I wouldnt do anything to it. The compacts and subcompacts fit my hands just fine. The full sized models dont and that why I dont own any. If it does fit or work the way I need it to from the factory I wont buy it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Personally for my carry gun (G17) I had the grip chopped down in length to accept G19 mags and stippled. So it doesnt reduce the thickness just the length. fits my hand perfectly.

theres pictures of it in the pic gallery.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I had a G37 and had the grip reduced and had a stipple job done to it. Sold it about a year ago. The gun shot well but ammo for it is a little hard to find around here and its expensive. So I sold it and bought my G19.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'll agree for the most part. Glocks grip fits me pretty good too. But the biggest problem i have is the texture of the grip. I shoot around 2,000rounds amonth and take multiple classes and instruct throughout the year. This puts me shooting in Cold, wet, sweaty, rainy, muddy conditions and the stock grip is to mild for me. need all the grip I can when shooting in the rain at 35 degrees. so the only mod that i find for me that is a must is stippling.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Personally for my carry gun (G17) I had the grip chopped down in length to accept G19 mags and stippled. So it doesnt reduce the thickness just the length. fits my hand perfectly.

theres pictures of it in the pic gallery.
So you end up with a long barrel G19?

I had no idea that mods like this could be done.

Here's a link so that others can find your pictures easier:

http://www.glockforums.org/album.php?albumid=13&attachmentid=157

What is that waviness in the top of your slide? Is that something you had someone mill into it? I can see where it would help grip the slide.

That's amazing...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats exactly what it is. Pretty much a G17 with the grip cut down to take G19 mags. Easier to conceal with the smaller grip. The chop and stipple job was done by a friend ( Joey) from taylor michigan. He is in the process of getting things around for a business. he does great work.

The Top slide serrations and refinish (melonite) was done by Doug. He owns billet flow in taylor michigan. And i just found out Chris costa from magpul just got him some slides for the same treatment.

The serrations in the side of the slide help during press checks. Pretty much the only purpose they serve.

The serrations on the top of the slide are exactly like the side serrations on S&W M&P's.

These do help with manipulations. But one of the best things they add is aid in one handed weapon manipulations. In order to rack a slide one handed most instructors teach to catch the rear sight on your holster or what ever. The problem is its a small target to reach in a stress full situation. Plus some rear sights are not squared but angled or "anti Snag".

So with the serrations you can rack it off anything, even a pant leg. and you have a much greater surface area to get purchase on to rack it.

It serves its purpose well.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Thats exactly what it is. Pretty much a G17 with the grip cut down to take G19 mags. Easier to conceal with the smaller grip. The chop and stipple job was done by a friend ( Joey) from taylor michigan. He is in the process of getting things around for a business. he does great work.

The Top slide serrations and refinish (melonite) was done by Doug. He owns billet flow in taylor michigan. And i just found out Chris costa from magpul just got him some slides for the same treatment.

The serrations in the side of the slide help during press checks. Pretty much the only purpose they serve.

The serrations on the top of the slide are exactly like the side serrations on S&W M&P's.

These do help with manipulations. But one of the best things they add is aid in one handed weapon manipulations. In order to rack a slide one handed most instructors teach to catch the rear sight on your holster or what ever. The problem is its a small target to reach in a stress full situation. Plus some rear sights are not squared but angled or "anti Snag".

So with the serrations you can rack it off anything, even a pant leg. and you have a much greater surface area to get purchase on to rack it.

It serves its purpose well.
Thanks for the info...

I never knew that kind of stuff was possible...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I had to vote for the Gen4s. They just fit my hand something awesome

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello. Newbies here! It seems like a lot of stuff to learn in here and I really hope that this is the right place where I should be where I can found. Thanks to Admin for welcoming me. Love ya'll!
Welcome to the forum, you should head on over to the New Member Introductions Forum and give us all a big introduction there. Dont worry, you will soon get the hang of it and there is a great wealth of information to be learn of here. Happy Shootin! Boomer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The top serrations are fan-freakin'-tastic for one handed manipulation. Even with a ledge style rear sight the serrations make things soooo much easier when confined to only one hand.

As far as grips go I like the G17 chopped to a 19 feel. The hump on the 17 grip has been partially removed, so it's a little smaller then a 19. Feels much better to me. Once i have the time I'm going to do a reduction on it as well...working on an M&P reduction first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.