Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read some post in various forums where people said they "heard" Glock Gen 4s were now coming with 2 mags instead of 3 Can anyone confirm this with a purchase they actually made (not just heard about)? Maybe a dealer or shop owner? And if you did get a G4 with 2 mags can you confirm the box said 2 mags also?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I was going to say that the gen4 models "all" come with (3) magazines and gen3 models come with (2).... I have bought several of each and they did all come that way. But, in looking at Glock's updated website, it appears that now all models come with (2) magazines. This is a very recent change..... I would bet that most stock in dealers (if there is such a thing these days) would still have (3) for the gen4s, but it appears that Glock has made a cost cutting change...

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
I have read some post in various forums where people said they "heard" Glock Gen 4s were now coming with 2 mags instead of 4. Can anyone confirm this with a purchase they actually made (not just heard about)? Maybe a dealer or shop owner? And if you did get a G4 with 2 mags can you confirm the box said 2 mags also?
I have bought red and blue label 4th gen Glocks and they all came with three magazines and had the "3" on the label... I have never heard of a Glock coming with four magazines...

Reportedly some dealers take one of the magazines out and sell it separately...

Reactions: steelmonkey

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have bought red and blue label 4th gen Glocks and they all came with three magazines and had the "3" on the label... I have never heard of a Glock coming with four magazines...

Reportedly some dealers take one of the magazines out and sell it separately...
I put 4 in my original post but meant 3 mags. Sorry

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
What has happened in the past is that the selling store has removed one of the magazines and placed it on their shelves to sell as a profit. There were quite a few dealers that were doing it through the GSSF program when selling a Gen 3. Back when Gen 3s were sold primarily, a standard purchase would come with two magazines but a GSSF purchase would come with three. Dealers were removing the third and trying to sell them with two only. Some dealers also got in trouble for this.

All Gen 4s that I have purchased, and all that local friends have purchased more recently have come with three however, I don't know of anyone that has purchased one in say the last three or four months.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
What TheLaw said. Also the label, be it red, blue or white, will tell you how many magazines and what capacity should
be included with the gun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Purchased my G23 gen 4 mid December and it came with 3 mags. If they are in fact reducing the number of mags to 2, hopefully the price will go down to that of the gen 3 models, because honestly there is no other reason for the price difference. Sure it may be a few bucks more because of the upgraded mag release button, spring, and grip pattern, but most of the difference in cost is because of the extra mag included.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Wow, this makes me feel really dumb...but I actually had no idea that non Blue Label Gen4 guns came standard with 3 magazines...if they did and now are not, that is REALLY lame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my g30sf in November and it only had 2 magazines....I was new to Glocks so had no clue that this wasn't standard.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I don't think they make a G30SF in Gen 4. I could be wrong as it has happened once before.. :)

If it is indeed a Gen 3, it would have only came with 2 magazines. Sub-compacts all came with two regardless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have mine on me today, as I'm in the waiting process of getting my holster, but I could have sworn it was a Gen 4, and of course I could be wrong. I will look this evening when I get home.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
According to GLOCK's website, there is no G30SF Gen 4, but they may not have updated it recently. If you look under different models, such as the G17, G19 etc, they show options for the standard and the Gen 4 but under the G30SF, there is no option for Gen 4 and the one they have listed is a Gen 3.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
According to GLOCK's website, there is no G30SF Gen 4, but they may not have updated it recently. If you look under different models, such as the G17, G19 etc, they show options for the standard and the Gen 4 but under the G30SF, there is no option for Gen 4 and the one they have listed is a Gen 3.
Short Frame (SF) model Glocks are exclusively Gen3. There reason there are no Gen4 SF Glocks is because all Gen4s are Short Frame guns. The SF model Gen3s were basically the precursor to the Gen4.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Just wanted to make sure I didn't give a definitive NO answer when there is no telling what GLOCK may have done recently since that can't produce something like a single stack 9mm that everyone wants and instead recycles an idea many users have done on their own for quite sometime now. :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Man...a single stack 9 would be sooo cool :eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Check out the link below.... I don't remember seeing this before. There used to be a different model page for gen4s, now this is all that is there.... Specifically check out the box "contents".

Which GLOCK are You? | Choosing a Handgun | GLOCK Products | GLOCK USA
Interesting...

I actually started to post before you did... I went to look at some of my labels to make sure they all said three and finished my post... Then I saw that you had already posted... Anyway... Looks like Glock might have changed from three to two magazines... I would still want to get the number of magazines printed on the Glock label...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I picked it up and it did come with 3 mags. :)

I am now a glock owner. When I got home I could barely look my single action revolvers and 1911s in the eye

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Cool... Have fun... Let us know how she shoots!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts