Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to be completely new to glock and so was reviewing all the info that glock provides for a new gun owner. I read that if you email glock with your serial number and ask for your pistol's born on date, they will tell you. And its true, I got a response super fast from customer service about my pistol's particulars.

I was curious what some more established members here have for a born on date.

My glock is a Gen 3 17.
I bought it mid Feb 2014 in Los Angeles, CA.
Its born on date was Dec 5th 2013 in Austria.

Considering, create time, QA time, and travel time, it spent a month or less on the shelf which seems pretty short.

So what do other people have as a born on date?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I can't remember all mine as I had a bunch at one time. I always got the date off of the small envelope that the spent casing was in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I happen to be completely new to glock and so was reviewing all the info that glock provides for a new gun owner. I read that if you email glock with your serial number and ask for your pistol's born on date, they will tell you. And its true, I got a response super fast from customer service about my pistol's particulars.

I was curious what some more established members here have for a born on date.

My glock is a Gen 3 17.
I bought it mid Feb 2014 in Los Angeles, CA.
Its born on date was Dec 5th 2013 in Austria.

Considering, create time, QA time, and travel time, it spent a month or less on the shelf which seems pretty short.

So what do other people have as a born on date?
What email address did you use to request the information?

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are 3 letters on the barrel next to the S/N, the 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

The first letter is for the month:
E...Jan
L...Feb
N...Mar
B...Apr
S...May
Z...Jun
G...Jul
P...Aug
I...Sep
C...Oct
V...Nov
A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
O...0
W...1
K...2
R...3
F...4
M...5
H...6
Y...7
T...8
D...9

You're welcome ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What email address did you use to request the information?
On glock's Web page, they have a contact us link at the bottom. Nested in that is a Web submission form. Though the email the response came back from was: TeamGlockATglockDOTus

Sorry I cant post links yet it seems I am too new a member.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are 3 letters on the barrel next to the S/N, the 3 letters represent the barrel test fire date code:

You're welcome ;)
Thats interesting info, but is it only for certsin models or generations?

My serial number starts with WM and that doesnt align with glocks response of Dec 2013 for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This chart does not correspond to my Austrian made 26 at all. My serial number starts with UT and test fired in March of 2012.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Then I'm sorry I should have checked the info before posting. Or to which model it works for.
Nevertheless it does correspond to my G born date

·
Registered
2 Posts
No problem. I have seen this chart before and wasn't sure exactly which letters were being discussed. I made a mistake, my 26 has a test fired date of March 2013, not 2012. My barrel does not have 3 letters on it. Mine only has "AT" and the little proof stamp. It does not have the series of letters like the photo above. Did Glock stop putting the "born on date" letters on the newer guns?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Except that it's mine ;) there is nothing particular to my G19.
It's made in Austria and the marking on it is standard on all Austrian made.

Unless I've a "super" G and I'm not aware of....;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wasn't being smart. Yours has Austrian proof marks. Wasn't intended for the US. That crazy bird logo should also be on your slide, below the extractor. Mine, and almost all others in the states, have the Glock logo in those places. Even Austrian made, US bound ones. NPv is a bonus:)

·
Registered
11 Posts

The first letter is for the month:
E...Jan
L...Feb
N...Mar
B...Apr
S...May
Z...Jun
G...Jul
P...Aug
I...Sep
C...Oct
V...Nov
A...Dec

The last two letters are for the year:
O...0
W...1
K...2
R...3
F...4
M...5
H...6
Y...7
T...8
D...9

You're welcome ;)
Thank you very much for this! Been wondering why I couldn't decipher my G19 gen 4 until you pointed out it's not the serial number but on the barrel. Thanks again

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Eagle means that this Glock has been manufactured and assembled at GLOCK GmbH Austria.
Inside the Eagle there is a number 2 engraved which correspond to the Vienna factory.

The NPv stands for nitro powder proofed. To get this it has to be fired with 130% load. All Austrian Glock have those mark (to my knowledge).

US made Glock doesn't have those mark, they have the Glock logo instead. But you might be right they might not be fired to 130% since this is a law for Austrian pistol.

Edit: @ jbehredt, posted this before reading your post. You mean that US G are not overload tested?

·
Registered
92 Posts
In typical fashion I typed a lot but totally lost sight of my point. What started the hamster wheel in my head was your Austrian proof marks. The LOM on your barrel doesn't appear on non "your type" guns. The rest of my nitro, Austria, bird ........ Mumbling was a tangent of that thought:) My Austria/ Smyrna guns have caliber, pentagon dot, Glock logo and s/n. A small engraved 10 digit number hidden on the other side as well. Long story long, and confusing, that date code may be Austrian proof specific. I'll stop now.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
FD512 Eagle/NPV/NTD on barrel and slide.

Wanna take a shot at this one ?

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought 2 Glocks way back, like to find out the dates. Never fired them, just for home protection. 17 puxx1 on barrel MPDC stamped on slide. 40 SW banxx8 CC50 stamped on slide with a star, in star is Columbia county sheriff dept

1 - 20 of 31 Posts