Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed my USA made Glocks have 7 digit serial numbers 4 letters 3 numbers. One is a Gen3 17c and the other is a G42, I've purchased Glocks made in between that only have 6 digits so I assume this is US unique? Definitely need more data to support that.

However, in light of the recent conversation about if Glocks with specific (special?) serial numbers are worth a premium price or not, I started thinking some very interesting serial numbers could be made with 4 letters.

So, would you pay more for a potty mouth Glock?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
LOL
My new G19 is a 'potty mouth' Glock.
BAHAxxx

Maybe that's it's evil laugh?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I was wondering about this last Fall.

I suspect Glock divides up their serial numbers.

I have many (most-bulk of my Glocks) are 2015 builds. But, the serial numbers are all over the place.

Example: My Sept 2015 G17 is serial numbered ZZZxxx. I have a G19 that is a August 2015 build serialed BALMxxx.....already well past serial "A***xxx.

So, leads me to believe they divide up the numbers.

I still want a USA stamped Glock. G43???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think Glock finally got to ZZZ999 and had to go to four alpha characters.

My new G19 Gen 3 made in mid-November is BATS! Well the four alphas are...

Glock does have different number sequences for different models so some got to 4 letters before other models.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
My Vickers glock also has 7 digits in the serial number. All my others only three. I had thought maybe it was something they were doing for contract builds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, the odometer finally flipped over so Glock added another digit. I guess that means Glock made around 26,000,000 pistols with the 3+3 system and now never has to worry about it again, unless they sell 260,000,000!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Signs of successful sales. The higher the serial numbers = the more guns sold = money in the bank.

·
Administrator
6,637 Posts
And that can be construed as a "good" thing !

Money in the power !

·
Administrator
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, there should be 1,000 pistols starting with GOD out there but I can't find any reference to a Glock serial number beginning with GOxxxx much less GOD. Maybe someone knows of better lists than I do?

·
Administrator
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For a gun that new (4 alpha char) you may have to just email Glock and ask them. The owner driven database kinda fell apart with the newer guns.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts