Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Glock 40th Anniversary Knife I purchased arrived while I was out of town, pretty excited to finally find one of these. The color is off in the photo, it's actually green which I believe is the Glock OD Green.

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Additional information I've come across researching the knife.

The knives went on sale September 14(?) 2018 and basically sold out within hours. Glock sold some on www.sales.teamglock.com and Glockstore had some. I haven't confirmed any others but would expect the major distributors like GT received a few. The 780 knives were split amongst dealers worldwide with The Firearms Blog reporting on one at a Swedish dealer https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...nife-78-olive-plain-jubilee-40th-anniversary/

Both Glock and Glockstore oversold and had to cancel numerous orders. Glock apologized without apologizing https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/photos/a.158024376796/10156610533236797/?type=3&theater

I haven't been able to determine if all the knives are the same color with the differences in pictures being due to lighting or if they really did come in different colors. This site in Finland has 3 pictures of the same knife, the first two look very green, possibly Battlefield Green but the 3rd photo looks brown/tan almost Flat Dark Earth. I'm thinking the knives are all OD Green as it has a habit of showing different in different light. https://www.facebook.com/GLOCK/photos/a.158024376796/10156610533236797/?type=3&theater

·
Administrator
7,038 Posts
Great find, Mt...

Glad you got it all safe and sound... What are you going to do with it? Display case... or safe... :cool:

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! Thanks for posting! Amazing it was in a dealers shop.

I wish I was able to spend some time in Europe just hunting Glock collectibles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think so. Lots of photos and a good description will set the auction apart. Penny start with no reserve and ending on a Sunday night tend to get the best results. I would do a longer auction so there’s time for the word to get out.

There’s a Glock knife collectors group on Facebook that @58sniper started, you might want to drop some hints there as well.

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got the name wrong. It’s the Glock Knife Owners Group Glock Knife Owners Group

I made a post with a link to your auction, it has to be reviewed and approved before it will show up but should be there soon.

The auction is already at $125 just a few hours in - I’m guessing there must have been some people with alerts set for that knife!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.