Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What can anyone tell me about the Glock 32?

I have a Sig P250 2Sum in 9mm, with a .357 Sig x-change kit. I have a friend who seems to be interested in it, so I was thinking about getting a Glock 32 for camping.
Been told that the .357 round, is a good round for just about anything short of a big bear.

So I am thinking of selling the Sig P250 and getting a Glock 32.

Also would Glock 32, let me change out the barrel, for a .40cal and make it a Glock 23??

·
Registered
143 Posts
What can anyone tell me about the Glock 32?

I have a Sig P250 2Sum in 9mm, with a .357 Sig x-change kit. I have a friend who seems to be interested in it, so I was thinking about getting a Glock 32 for camping.
Been told that the .357 round, is a good round for just about anything short of a big bear.

So I am thinking of selling the Sig P250 and getting a Glock 32.

Also would Glock 32, let me change out the barrel, for a .40cal and make it a Glock 23??
You will bless the day you got the 32 Glock. Can also get a after market barrel in 9mm it you want.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
The 357 sig is a awesome gun. Like others have said yes the G32 can be made into the G23 with a barrel swap. Or also, the G19 with a special barrel called a conversion barrel

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the 40 cal Lonewolf barrell for my 32 and if I didnt have my G 19 I would have the 9MM barrell. If Ic could only have one gun? The G 32.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I was thinking about getting a Glock 32 for camping.
the FBI test the different 357sig rounds and found it to be no more effective than the 9mm +p gold dot they were comparing it to. penetration and expansion were the same. others have tested it and come to the same conclusion. about the only thing 357sig affords you is a lighter wallet :)

357SIG performs similarly to CCI/Speer GD 124 +P. The extra 100 fps didn't help much, either in penetration or wound volume.
source: http://demigodllc.com/~zak/firearms/fbi-pistol.php

for woods protection, get a G20/29 10mm (loaded with full power ammo of course) ;)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I def vote dump the SIG 250 for the GLOCK .... in any caliber and for reasons including but not limited to what you posted in the OP.

I had a G23 once with a G32 bbl so I could swap. I hate .40s&w caliber but like the .357sig quite well. I found it to be quite pleasant to shoot and the ballistics are great. The only thing I didn't like was the high cost and more limited availability of ammo. It was out there but was definitely more expensive and required a little more effort to find/get. If you are OK with the higher ammo cost, etc. ... GO FOR IT. It's a great pistol and round.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I have read, and since I have not faced a wild animal and shot one, that is what I must go by.

The 9mm+p rounds are very close with a .357 sig round with some test showing about equal penetration.
The velocity on a .357 is a bit higher and penetration is a little bit deeper, maybe 1-2 inch, not sure about expansion.
Most do say that the .357 is not worth the extra cost over a 9mm+P round, as the differences are minimal,
but I can live the extra cost, if the minimal difference could stop the attack.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Most do say that the .357 is not worth the extra cost over a 9mm+P round, as the differences are minimal, but I can live the extra cost, if the minimal difference could stop the attack.
My logic is the opposite. If the difference in ballistics is marginal I would choose the G19.

Logic;
ammo is MUCH less expensive
ammo is MUCH easier to find in bulk/options
softer/more managable recoil for better/faster follow-up

All these things mean I can shoot LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of ammo vs the .357sig. Being generous on the cost estimates I can shoot 2-3x as much.

Besides, there's always +P+ ammo. The Ranger stuff in that pressure screams. I hear the ballistics are pretty much equal to .357sig.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My logic is the opposite. If the difference in ballistics is marginal I would choose the G19.

Logic;
ammo is MUCH less expensive
ammo is MUCH easier to find in bulk/options
softer/more managable recoil for better/faster follow-up

All these things mean I can shoot LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of ammo vs the .357sig. Being generous on the cost estimates I can shoot 2-3x as much.

Besides, there's always +P+ ammo. The Ranger stuff in that pressure screams. I hear the ballistics are pretty much equal to .357sig.
Maybe, but I have a G19/3 and I love it, part of my thought process for getting a G32.

The .357 G32 will not be shot a lot and "canned heat" is not that costly at $135.00 for 500 rounds and except for a box or 2 of other FMJ ammo, I do not plan to stock PDA for the .357 sig.

Maybe I just need to rethink this. But either way the Sig P250 is up for sale, and the degenerative (cause fluid on the knuckle) knuckle in my trigger finger since I have found that a DAO or DAK trigger hurts too much to use.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Excellent.

Again, don't get me wrong. I think the G32 is cool ... but if I had to choose one .... nope. You have a G19. The G32 would be a nice "addition".
I find the advice here to be very good, from people like you, Don and others, sometimes is takes a while for it get through my thick head, and times I might not agree 100%, but it is welcomed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I found a Glock 32 today, it was used, but in very good shape. The only wear, was the paint worn off on the slide release, but other than that, it looks as good as my Glock 19. Price was $450.00 plus tax, and since I couldn't find a new one, I just went ahead and got it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats on the G32, the 357 SIG round is my favorite followed by 45acp. I do shoot the 9mm more but in an emergency situation I hope i am carrying the 357.

Dont sweat the slide release, that is the first thing to show wear, quickly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I find the advice here to be very good, from people like you, Don and others, sometimes is takes a while for it get through my thick head, and times I might not agree 100%, but it is welcomed.
You will find this Forum is one of the more friendly ones, no sarcasm or put downs here.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Well, just to weigh in on the 9mm +p+ vs. .357 sig., I prefer the .357 sig. when I need that kind of power. In New Mexico, our fish and game dept. uses the .357 sig. to put down black bear when necessary. I reload for the .357 sig ( glock 31 and Sig 229) for full strength loads. That way I can practice with the same recoil response as my factory hollow points (Win. ranger 124 grain). I would not want to practice with 9mm +p+ hand loads, because I don't think the frames are made to withstand those pressures with normal 9mm recoil springs. If you swap out your standard 9mm springs for heavier springs, you may compromise things when not shooting +p+ 9mm. Besides, the .357 Sig is still a little faster than the hot 9's and when you combine a full power .357 sig with a flat nosed solid, you can really get the penetration you may need. I also think the .357 sig goes into another dimension with 147 grainers. Out of my Glock 31, I get about 1,130 fps with a Hornady 147 XTP. That's major caliber ballistics and it's accurate, too. This is my trail load when I hike in the wilds of New Mexico. As for expense, when you roll your .357 sigs, there is little or no difference than loading for 9mm. One last thing, the .357 sig feeds. It always works. I've had some bad brass that compromised some of my 9mm reloads, but that has never happened with the bottle necked .357 sig. When I need a powerful round that always, always works, the .357 is my go to caliber.

Richard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.