Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud papa to a new Glock 27 and was wondering what anyone has in spacers for filling out the grip when using the using 23 mags in a 27. What do you have, like about them, dislike, and any pics would be great.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
They seem to get the job done, haven't tried them myself. Would like to some day though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i used them on the 27/with 22 mags and it made the grip as long as the 22 with a short sight radius. aka worthless, printed too easily.

i dumped the mag spacer and stayed with pearce ext for a short period until i picked up the 30, which i shot better and finally sold the 27.

the 30 is the ccw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the 27 for ankle carry aka backup/off duty but am planning on carrying at least a couple high cap mags in the glovebox and gearbag just in case that expected zombie invasion happens soon... I definitely agree that to carry that way would not work at all just wondering if it's be worth it to put them on my worst case scenario mags for a little added grip...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've considered it also to use 13 round Glock 21 mags in my 30SF. Just haven't done it yet. That gives me an idea of something different to look for at the gun show this weekend. I'll probably stick with the 10 round mags for carry but for range use, why not. It's not like they're expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had ordered several small things from Midway over the weekend, and looked for these on their website but could not find them. I think I searched for grip adapters instead. Anyway, I will get them in the next order.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think I would prefer the hard plastic over the soft rubber ones, which better matches the hardness of the OEM polymer. I would never consider carrying my G27 with these on the gun. I don't even think that I'd equip my spare mags with them unless I was headed for the range. As stated above they would be too big for CC. I use Pearce +1 extenders on my extra mags, but won't use one on the gun while holstered. I want the smallest profile available for my G27 while it's parked in my holster. In this case smaller is better.

Reactions: __jb

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I am close to getting a 26...

Thinking about the grip shown below...

I like that it doesn't extend the grip... it replaces the original floor plate and seems to be about the same thickness... seems like the hook at the front might make a sub-compact easier to hold...

I'll shoot it a lot with the OEM magazines first... But if I have trouble holding on to the grip, I might go with one of these... Although Hickok45 doesn't have any trouble shooting Glock's sub-compacts...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anybody can shoot the sub compacts good, I just takes some range time & some patience..
I would like to pick up one of the spacers to use on G17 magazines with my G26 but really need to pick myself up some more G17 magazines for my 17L..
I have an +1 Scherer extension on one of my G26 mags but have found that the flush fitting factory ones are the best for carry & may pick up a couple of GAP floorplates to try out..
Here's the link to the GAP floorplates http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Anybody can shoot the sub compacts good, I just takes some range time & some patience..
I plan to practice with it... I don't really want to use a 3rd party floor plate.

I would like to pick up one of the spacers to use on G17 magazines with my G26 but really need to pick myself up some more G17 magazines for my 17L..
That's what I do too... I have lots of 17 round (G17 magazines) because they will all fit in any 9mm Glock... They probably look pretty crazy in a Glock 26 though...

I have an +1 Scherer extension on one of my G26 mags but have found that the flush fitting factory ones are the best for carry & may pick up a couple of GAP floorplates to try out..

Here's the link to the GAP floorplates http://www.concealablecontrol.com/
Thanks for posting the link!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I have seen Hickoks videos. Don't know how tall he is, but he appears to have rather large hands! Dang, he can really shoot those little guns!,
I think he said he was about 6'-8" in one of his videos...

In one of his recent videos, he can't get his trigger finger in one of the small pocket pistols without pulling the trigger back a bit... Sounds kinda dangerous to me, but he didn't seem to think much about it... Nothing bothers him...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.