Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come i have trouble i need to use alot of pressure to get the Magazine to Engage in the Gun if i have 9 .40 S&W rounds in my factory magazine for my GLock 27 its a Gen 3
is this a comon issue ? like with 8 rounds in the magazine it will engange just fine into the gun but with 9 rounds i have to force it to engage it

·
Super Moderator
6,957 Posts
Try leaving the magazine fully loaded for a few days... Sometimes it helps the magazine spring compress and makes it easier to load... Otherwise, just slam it harder...

·
Super Moderator
3,055 Posts
What? Even jb our fearless leader?

The springs have to start breaking down to soften up, this comes from work (compressions/decompressions). Leaving the mags full won't make the difference you're looking for they need to get a bunch of cycles on them (compressed/decompressed). I've found a flat carpenter's pencil works well to get a lot of cycles on the magazine springs quickly.

jb's other solution is correct, don't be dainty putting a magazine in. Slam it home.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, all that stuff. I had a problem with magazines in both G30S and G21 when new. I loaded and unloaded them several times. That worked for me.
Having the slide locked open when inserting made it easier until the springs get used to compressing and de-compressing.

·
Super Moderator
6,957 Posts
What? Even jb our fearless leader?

The springs have to start breaking down to soften up, this comes from work (compressions/decompressions). Leaving the mags full won't make the difference you're looking for they need to get a bunch of cycles on them (compressed/decompressed). I've found a flat carpenter's pencil works well to get a lot of cycles on the magazine springs quickly.

jb's other solution is correct, don't be dainty putting a magazine in. Slam it home.
Regardless of the old wives tails regarding this... It does help to leave magazines loaded for a few days when they are new... There seems to be a first-time-set that makes a difference...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks.. My new g20 will only load 14 in the mags.. You cant force 15 into them.. No way.. Im going to leave them loaded for 30 days.. Then see if it will take that last round..lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
I put some Pearce extensions on my some G23 mags. Lady told me to load and unload them, or watch TV and work the followers up and down with a pencil.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts