Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handwriting Rectangle Font Office supplies Paper Handwriting Black Font Rectangle Material property Handwriting Rectangle Font Material property Electronic device Handwriting Rectangle Font Tints and shades Electronic device Hand Handwriting Communication Device Gadget Gesture

I have recently noticed that several of my 10rd Magazines for my Glock 23 .40cal have been dropping after the first shot. I discovered that the magazines that drop out are slightly different from the magazines that function properly and I am wondering if these are the wrong magazines for the pistol or defective in some way. I am attaching pictures of the two magazines and am hoping someone can shed some light. I have done a lot of research and I am coming up empty handed. The working magazine is the one on the bottom of the picture compared to the top magazine that is dropping after the first round. The working magazines have a 1 on the follower compared to a 5 on the ones that drop out, there is also a slight difference in the shape on the upper side of the magazine where it locks in the chamber as seen in the pictures. Any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
sjones79

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Steve,

This may be a shot in the dark, but you might check the magazine lips to make sure they're within spec:

Font Material property Signage Rectangle Brand

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the lip spacing and it appears to be in spec. I think the Magazines that are dropping may be for a Glock 22/35 is there a difference between Glock 22 and 23 magazines in .40cal? I was under the impression they are comparable but I think that may be my problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Jones
sjones79

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
I checked the lip spacing and it appears to be in spec. I think the Magazines that are dropping may be for a Glock 22/35 is there a difference between Glock 22 and 23 magazines in .40cal? I was under the impression they are comparable but I think that may be my problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Jones
sjones79
There IS a difference in followers, I just noticed this in the parts list:

SP 02432 Magazine Follower - .40 10-rd G22-G35 mags w/ high, round inside guide ribs only, & 10-rd G23 - marked .40/10 & 1
SP 01028-5 Magazine Follower - .40 10-rd G22-G35 mags w/ flat inside guide ribs only - marked .40 & 5

If your magazines have "round inside guide ribs" (I can't really tell from the pictures), then it looks like you need to have the followers marked "1", and that's the one that seems to work. Here is the part, they're $3 each from Glockmeister:.40 10rd Magazine Follower - For mags with round inside ribs-www.glockmeister.com

Chris

·
Registered
569 Posts
The issue is the magazines dropping after one round fired. Check the magazine release and spring. The magazines shown are gen-3 and gen-4.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
The issue is the magazines dropping after one round fired. Check the magazine release and spring. The magazines shown are gen-3 and gen-4.
Not sure if you're responding to my post about the followers, if you are then here is the part of the OP that made me check the followers:

"...The working magazines have a 1 on the follower compared to a 5 on the ones that drop out, there is also a slight difference in the shape on the upper side of the magazine where it locks in the chamber as seen in the pictures."

Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
Swap followers and see if the problem follows the followers or the magazine.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looking at the first pic from the OP....am I missing something? I don't see the notch for the mag release catch as if the non-working mag was for lefty mag release only.
Or am I just missing something?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Not sure if you're responding to my post about the followers, if you are then here is the part of the OP that made me check the followers:

"...The working magazines have a 1 on the follower compared to a 5 on the ones that drop out, there is also a slight difference in the shape on the upper side of the magazine where it locks in the chamber as seen in the pictures."

Chris
I have recently noticed that several of my 10rd Magazines for my Glock 23 .40cal have been dropping after the first shot.
This is what I responded to. I can't see a clear image of the magazine catch slot to see if it's deformed. I'd check the magazine, magazine release and spring. Since he his experiencing this problem with several magazines, I'm leaning towards problems with the magazine catch and spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts