Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glock 22 Slide Stop problem sorry for the typo in the subject.

Hey everyone!

I took my Glock 22 out for 100 rounds at the range, and after almost every round, the slide stop grabs the slide and I have to release before firing again. It doesn't always happen after every round, but on average maybe every two rounds.

It definitely wasn't doing this a few months ago when I took it out.

It does have the extended Slide Stop, but it has been on there from day one. The Glock is a 3rd Gen purchased in the summer of 2008.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I have been scouring Google looking for solutions.

I think I will just have a Glock Armorer take a look when I go down to the range.

Although, I think I might just swap out the original lever and see if that resolves it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Glock 22 Slide Stop problem sorry for the typo in the subject.

Hey everyone!

I took my Glock 22 out for 100 rounds at the range, and after almost every round, the slide stop grabs the slide and I have to release before firing again. It doesn't always happen after every round, but on average maybe every two rounds.

It definitely wasn't doing this a few months ago when I took it out.

It does have the extended Slide Stop, but it has been on there from day one. The Glock is a 3rd Gen purchased in the summer of 2008.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Fixed your title...

I think your problem might be that the slide stop spring might be on top of one of the pins, instead of under it. You need to put the slide stop in before the pin that's right above it. I can't think of the name of that durn pin... sorry.

If the slide stop spring is on top of the pin, the springs force will be pulling the slide stop up towards the slide. You want the spring under the pin so that the spring naturally pushes down on the slide lock lever... that keeps it away from the slide like Joey said...

If you put the slide lock lever in yourself, just backtrack and make sure you put the spring under the pin this time...

Reactions: Rob

·
Registered
334 Posts
You're either hitting the slide lock lever, or it was installed incorrectly and the spring is constantly pushing it up, instead of down.
right here brother .... check for these two problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.