Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I had a chance to put some rounds down range and I thought I would give a quick report to let everyone know how it did.
The first thing I noticed, (and briefly mentioned in a earlier thread), that is was incredibly smooth for a new gun. It was just as smooth, if not better, than my well used Gen 3s. I bought a Gen 4 22 when they where first available and it almost seems like a different gun compared to the new Gen 4. (The new one was smoother, easier to field strip/put back together, had a better trigger...etc) I think it may be because of the newer upgrades and they have been making the Gen 4 22s for a while now.

At the range it ran flawless. The only thing I can say negative had to do with me and not the gun. I have been shooting compacts a lot over the past year and I have to get some more trigger time on it to get my accuracy up to where I am use to. Recoil is where it became interesting. Comparing it to the Gen 3, there was a noticeable difference. I can't still find the right words to describe it, but will attempt it anyway. The "felt" recoil felt almost the same with a slight edge going to the gen 4. However, the "characteristics" on the recoil is where the Gen 4 shined. I can't explain it, the best way to see what I am talking about is to shoot them back to back.

I have long favored the Gen 3....until now. I know this may seem premature, but I have been shooting long enough to know when something is superior. After shooting this, and feeling confident that any gen 4 issues have been finally ironed out, I plan to replace all my current Glocks with their Gen 4 counterparts. Next on my list will probably be a Gen 4 27. I am curious to see if there is much difference in the grip of the baby Glocks. Anyone who ones a gen 3 and a gen 4 baby Glock, your input would be greatly appreciated.

In conclusion, if anyone is on the fence when considering a Gen 4 (a newer one that is :cool:)....come down and get one!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,974 Posts
Thanks for your range review!

Glad you like your new 22... Glock's 4th gen guns are really nice... It's unfortunate that they had such a rocky start, but they've finally figured them out... I still have a few 3rd gen Glocks and like them, but will probably stick with 4th gen Glocks unless I build some kind of race gun or something...

I have a 4th gen Glock 26, but don't have a 3rd gen 26 to compare it to... I like my 26... It shoots well... Not so happy with the short grip (I have big hands) but I can shoot it pretty well... It's a great carry gun, in my opinion...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts