Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for another .22 semi for my collection. I was ready to jump on a Glock 44 but went to YouTube and watched reviews. Went to the LGS and even the people in there and the owner could not give me ...BUY THE GUN NOW!!!!! review. Owner said it is one gun that he has worked on more than any other for a long time, but to be fair ...a lot has been improper cleaning and lube by the owners, and minor adjustment to the mag lips for feeding. But Glock QC seems to be taking some extended smoke breaks while manufacturing these. He said if you are looking for a truly dependable Glock like a 17 or 19, the 44 ain't it. Now ...comments from the peanut gallery please!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am looking for another .22 semi for my collection. I was ready to jump on a Glock 44 but went to YouTube and watched reviews. Went to the LGS and even the people in there and the owner could not give me ...BUY THE GUN NOW!!!!! review. Owner said it is one gun that he has worked on more than any other for a long time, but to be fair ...a lot has been improper cleaning and lube by the owners, and minor adjustment to the mag lips for feeding. But Glock QC seems to be taking some extended smoke breaks while manufacturing these. He said if you are looking for a truly dependable Glock like a 17 or 19, the 44 ain't it. Now ...comments from the peanut gallery please!
Theres a lot that goes into a full size HG, with a heavier slide and then a relatively 'weak' round like a 22LR. Put 3 people in a room about ANY Glock, get 4 or 5 opinions. Some 'reviews' are really good..many are people that don't like Glock so do whatever they can to criticize anything Glock(like MAC guy..)..

Can you try one at your local range?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The local range does not have a Glock 44 for rent. Actually I talked to a man that had one at the range and is a big Glock fan. He said of the 8 Glocks he owns, the 44 is the one that has a very short lifespan left in his collection. He said his Bersa Thunder 22 and his Ruger SR22 are in his opinion much better. Good thing about want and not need, is it gives me as much time as I like to look for another .22.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The local range does not have a Glock 44 for rent. Actually I talked to a man that had one at the range and is a big Glock fan. He said of the 8 Glocks he owns, the 44 is the one that has a very short lifespan left in his collection. He said his Bersa Thunder 22 and his Ruger SR22 are in his opinion much better. Good thing about want and not need, is it gives me as much time as I like to look for another .22.
What would you like the 22 to do? Since you are looking at the G44 'size', but not thrilled with the Glock 44, look at the S&W Vistory..Son has one and it is a great gun. Fun to shoot, VERY accurate, not expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought wife a G44 last month….100 rounds(I know, not alot). Zero problems usin Mini Mags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts