Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just went to the range to fire my Glock 22 3 gen and had failure to feed pretty much after every single shot fired. I used 3 different types of Ammo from 120 grain practice ammo to 180 gran ammo with it still failing to feed after every shot. I tried all three of my mags and even tried a friends with the same issue. I took the gun apart when I got home and everything seemed to be ok. I the gun has around 500 to 750 rounds down range on it. I took these photos to see if they can help. Thanks for taking the time with any suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Is the slide locking open after each round?

Gaz

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
This could be an easy fix. Try firing the pistol with your thumbs clear of the slide.
You wouldn't be the first shooter to engage the slide lock with your thumb without realizing it.

Gaz

Reactions: __jb

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Looking at the picture, you can see a gap between the face of the slide and the round. If the gun had actually tried to load the round, they would be together. So Gaz is right, it’s definitely the slide stop lever.

With no magazine in the gun (obviously no ammo either). If you pull the side to the rear and release it, does it stay to the rear?

This would indicate the spring for the slide stop lever is caught on the frame pin. Otherwise, it probably is thumb placement (very common).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Looking at the picture, you can see a gap between the face of the slide and the round. If the gun had actually tried to load the round, they would be together. So Gaz is right, it's definitely the slide stop lever.

With no magazine in the gun (obviously no ammo either). If you pull the side to the rear and release it, does it stay to the rear?

This would indicate the spring for the slide stop lever is caught on the frame pin. Otherwise, it probably is thumb placement (very common).

Thanks Mt.

First I've heard of that. Another nugget to store away.

Gaz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went to the range today to see how my Glock would fire. I seemed to have the sam FTF issue using the CCI 120 Gran rounds but the Gun fired perfect with a 180 Gran round IDK. I gave the remaining 20 rounds of CCI 120 Gran to another shooter using a sig and he went threw all 20 rounds no issue. Im 100 percent not hitting the slide lever at all. MTSTREAM should I just change the spring on the slide stop lever? with the gun empty and pulling back the slide it does not lock back.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So I went to the range today to see how my Glock would fire. I seemed to have the sam FTF issue using the CCI 120 Gran rounds but the Gun fired perfect with a 180 Gran round IDK. I gave the remaining 20 rounds of CCI 120 Gran to another shooter using a sig and he went threw all 20 rounds no issue. Im 100 percent not hitting the slide lever at all. MTSTREAM should I just change the spring on the slide stop lever? with the gun empty and pulling back the slide it does not lock back.
Interesting, for me, I understand it's frustrating for you.

Just a couple of questions being I don't know you.

Is there someone you trust to let them fire the pistol to remove anything may be doing?
How long have you owned this pistol?
Buy it new or used from a dealer or from a private owner?
Is this your only or first Glock?
Is this your first firearm?

Gaz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting, for me, I understand it's frustrating for you.

Just a couple of questions being I don't know you.

Is there someone you trust to let them fire the pistol to remove anything may be doing?
How long have you owned this pistol?
Buy it new or used from a dealer or from a private owner?
Is this your only or first Glock?
Is this your first firearm?

Gaz
Thank for your replay GAZ

I will let someone shot it next weekend when I go to the range to see if it me, Before this i have fired id say over 1000 rounds with zero issues at all.
I am the original owner of the Handgun and I think I got it in 2015 or 14
This was my first Firearm but own about 10 others by now. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Before this i have fired id say over 1000 rounds with zero issues at all.
I am the original owner of the Handgun and I think I got it in 2015 or 14
This was my first Firearm but own about 10 others by now. Thanks for the help.
If you've shot over 1,000 rounds in this gun with any malfunctions, I doubt your technique is to blame.

Did something change between the time your Glock shot normally and the time it started malfunctioning? Did you clean it, or maybe repair or upgrade some part? Loan it to someone else? Have you had any ammo issues? Maybe a case problem where something got lodged in the gun somewhere?

Curious that your gun fires normally with 180 grain bullets, but not 120 grain bullets... That's an interesting clue... Set them side by side and see what the difference between the two rounds is.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Changing the slide stop lever would be a good troubleshooting step. If you are buying parts, I would recommend you also get a recoil spring assembly at the same time. Less than $20 total in parts and good to have spares regardless.

I don't know the exact cause but it appears the slide stop lever is installed correctly. If it's not being bumped accidentally then there has to be something different happening between the 120gr and 180gr ammo.

You didn't mention what ammo the 180gr was but assuming it's a range ammo similar to the CCI 120, the speed of the slide should be a bit slower on recoil. However, it's not a lot of difference. It's possible, if there's something wrong with the springs that the difference is having an effect but that's a thin margin of difference. Changing out the parts won't hurt anything.

Do you notice a difference in the recoil between the 120 and 180?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts