Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Glock 21. I really like the Glock 21 SF frame.

What does it cost to have Glock upgrade the old frame to the new SF frame? Any idea of the turn around time?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
glock does not sell frames, you have to buy another gun.

unless you can find just the SF frane on gunbroker, but that's highly unlikely.
I agree with Don. I don't think GLOCK sells them. You'll have to look aftermarket like melissa recommended or find one in the classifieds. Best suggestion would be buy a new pistol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will call them on Monday and ask.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the deal:

I called Glock tech support. I asked them if I could upgrade my Gen 2 frame to a 21 SF frame. The tech said they could not because the BATFE frowns upon switching products. They consider the Gen 2 and 21 SF frames to be "different".

I think this is just Glock doing some FFL CYA. It's pretty silly considering the transfer would have to go through an FFL anyway. There could be paperwork involved that they don't want to do though. Oh well.

No, I didn't ask about updating the frame to Gen 3. I was only interested in the SF frame.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
They consider the Gen 2 and 21 SF frames to be "different".

I think this is just Glock doing some FFL CYA. It's pretty silly considering the transfer would have to go through an FFL anyway.
To play the devil's advocate here ... they ARE different. The frame is the serialized part and BATFE considers that the actual firearm. A different frame has a different SN therefore it is a different firearm. That has nothing to do with GLOCK.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The frame is the serialized part and BATFE considers that the actual firearm. A different frame has a different SN therefore it is a different firearm. That has nothing to do with GLOCK.
yep, buying a new handgun frame always requires an FFL transfer. it's the exact same process as purchasing a whole new gun. uncle sam makes it a pain in the ass, not glock. :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Didn't Glock send a new 35 direct to Glocky?

How'd that work?
They can send a replacement with a different SN. I expect I will have one in the mailbox within the next few weeks myself. I am in the process of getting a G21SF ambi frame replaced. There is some sort of exception but I know not exactly what it is.

I think in general it is GLOCKs policy not to sell frames, regardless of regulations, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.