Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering on purchasing a brand new G19 C...

Never fired and comes with original box and mags...

I like uncommon and rare glocks. I have 3 RTF glocks that get carried between my wife and I. I have never come across a like new unfired 19C. Honestly, I would not mind holding on to it for a little while just to pull it from the safe now and then to "ouuu" and "ahh" at it.

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION OF THIE THREAD:

I like to collect... And then resell or trade to other enthusiasts. I dont care to overpay though.

What would you pay for a unfired G19C to add to your collection? What is fair market value for a G19c?

I tired gunbroker searches and multiple states gun sale and trade sites but, havent seen enough to draw a decent conclusion.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
It isn't worth any more than a new Glock 19C. And realistically, unfired or not, it's still a used gun, so it should be worth less than a new 19C The compensated models aren't particularly sought after, and I don't see the practicality of buying it as an investment. Guns are bad investments. YMMV, but I would say if YOU want it then buy it for what you feel it's worth, after all, that's all anything is worth. I personally wouldn't pay as much for a used C as I would for a used standard 19. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
A few weeks ago I was at my friends range and one of the guys had a 'C' model .45 ACP. I was not real impressed. Especially if you want to replace the sights with say tritium sights. While, I admit, it had appeal to me "at first", that flare dwindled when I found how dirty it gets. Usually, the carbon remains at the business end (front-regular pistol), but with the 'C', it would coat the front sight.

For me, I want my pistols to be practical. That means, I will replace the plastic sights (or steel for that matter) for a set of night sights.

So, yeah, I admit, the "C" models had appeal to me for a minute, now, after having had one in my hand, I've reconsidered what I want.

I do not collect in the way of collecting for value. My value is use-ability and protection and fun on the weekends shooting.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
I absolutely love my 17c. It's my only Glock that I've modified and its to the point that it'll blow peoples minds when they shoot it, especially with match ammo. It feels more like a .22 than a 9mm.
Glock is no longer making "c" models so they're starting to become harder to find. However, myself and two friends were all able to buy new 17c pistols for around $450 earlier this year and they included a Glock range bag and 33rd magazine thrown in.
What's been said about how dirty they get is true, I'm constantly cleaning. Most night sights are OK because they can be wiped off. Fiber optic is harder to clean and those I know who run them on comp models just replace the rods frequently. I recently switched to black/black Dawsons and so far really like them.
Some claim the comp models can mess up night vision but I don't find that to be true in low light. They are much louder, it doesn't bother me as the shooter on the range but it will if you're standing next to the shooter. I had a range officer at a competition get on me for not warning him I was shooting a comp gun beforehand.
I needed a Gen3 for my collection and decided to get the comp model. I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The OP's main question seems to be the desirability of his buying the 19c for investment purposes. He likes to collect and flip. Unless he's getting this lnib 19c (he didn't mention the generation) for $400, then I doubt that he'll make much, if anything on it by selling it later.

If he's looking for a shooter, then he'd be better served, in my opinion, with a non "C" G19.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bingo!

The OP's main question seems to be the desirability of his buying the 19c for investment purposes. He likes to collect and flip. Unless he's getting this lnib 19c (he didn't mention the generation) for $400, then I doubt that he'll make much, if anything on it by selling it later.

If he's looking for a shooter, then he'd be better served, in my opinion, with a non "C" G19.
Thank you, this is what i was looking for... My carry and range weapon was a Glock 23... I moved to a G19 RTF2 because I personally love the texture. I also have a 17 & 22 with RTF as well. My wife and I live the RTF models.

Yes, my question is about availability and desirability of the G19C... From the looks of the responses, theyre not very desirable. Maybe a niche market. The extras that come with the sale is what interests me the most and i figured it would not hurt to have a safe piece for a little but, i dont want to be stuck with a gun that nobody cares to have. I would not shoot it or run drills with it as it would be impractical for how i train.

Thank you all for the responses... Still debating. Hahahaha

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I think if the "C" models were in great demand, Glock would still be making them given their propensity for a large selection in most calibers....I would like to have a .45 in the 'C' model, but ONLY if it's a good deal AND I had ALL others I wanted in the brand. So, it's at the bottom of my list whereby beofe I actually had my hands on one to shoot, it was in the middle of my list....

A few months ago I had bought a used 21, and had the choice between the 21SF -or- the 21C. I chose the 21SF.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe I'm crazy, but I find the C models very desirable. Even in current production the 34 seems to be hard to find locally. Of course the 34 isn't technically a C like this 19 is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Maybe I'm crazy, but I find the C models very desirable. Even in current production the 34 seems to be hard to find locally. Of course the 34 isn't technically a C like this 19 is.

The 34 isn't a "c," technically or any other way:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 34 isn't a "c," technically or any other way:cool:
You're right of course, i realize it's just got a big hole in the slide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2002 Glock 23c. Shoots great. I also have a regular G23 barrel I put in it sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts