Glock Pro Forums banner

Do you PREFER, as a pair, 1911 with AK or AR... OR Glock with AK or AR?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a certain pattern, and I'd like to get some more data. Which style pistol do you prefer and which rifle style do you prefer? Not individually, but as a pair. I wanted to set this up as a poll, but I can't find the option.

1) 1911 Style Pistols & AR Style Rifles

2) 1911 Style Pistols & AK Style Rifles

3) Glock Style Pistols & AR Style Rifles

4) Glock Style Pistols & AK Style Rifles

Please don't reply with "all of the above". You may own one of each, but I want to know your "preference", like if you could only own one style of pistol AND one style of rifle. I'm not interested in calibers. Thanks for participating.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
One of my favorite pistols is a 1911. I currently own 1 but have owned several.
I own MANY GLOCKs. I love them too.
I own 1 AR. I own 0 AKs but wouldn't mind having one at some point (low priority on "want" list).

I feel the AR has more to offer than the AK, just more versatile IMO. Up close, far out, optics or irons, precise shots, run and gun, etc.

If I were holed up in my home with bandits and looters feared to be outside I would likely have my 1911 on my side and my AR slung over my chest. The wife would be armed with a GLOCK and a shotgun.

If I were out on the prowl looking for bandits I would likely have a GLOCK on my side and the same AR slung over my chest. Fact is, I like the hi-cap cabilities of the GLOCK for a carry gun. I simply can't carry enough 1911 mags to feel I have "enough". I can carry a bunch of GLOCK mags in the same amount of real estate and have over 2x as many rounds available. That's hard to beat when you aren't sitting at home beside your ammo stockpile.

EDIT: I chose GLOCK and AR.

·
Registered
158 Posts
For dependability and versatility I feel the best combination choice is Glock and AR. I'm actually leaving in about an hour to order my Daniel Defense DDM4v2. Just a little excited!! I love new weapons!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Glock with a Gas piston AR for me thanks

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
Take a look at my blog post, "The AR-15 and The Glock: If you like the AR, you'll like the Glock", it explains my preference (at some length!).

Chris

·
Registered
110 Posts
Glock + AK or AR. I used to use AK's exclusively, but then I saw the light:

Knights Armament SR-15 E3 with Aimpoint Micro T1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.