Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to CBS News, A Glock 19 with a 30 round Magazine was the firearm used in the Arizona mess. It was legally purchased on Nov. 30 at Sportman's Warehouse in Tucson.

This is not the kind of crap we need right now. I know it's early in the investigation and more is sure to come out, but apparently he used one of our most beloved firearms.

God bless the victims and loved ones involved.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yes this is very messed up, clearly this guy is a lunatic and I'm sure the anti-gun groups will blame AZ for having a lax gun policy. Also heard in the news that the gun jammed and that allowed bystanders to tackle the shooter as he had another 30 round mag ready to go. Wonder what kind of ammo he used, might have been target ammo as the congresswoman and many of the victims had their shots go right through them.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The reality is ... none of this matters. The left will use it as another example of why they want "gun control". The model of gun, capacity of the magazine, type of ammo, where/how he purchased it, etc. .... none of that really matters. The left will still try to use it against "us".

It makes me angry but "we" aren't the bad guy. This lunatic shooter is the bad guy. I'm just as scared of this kind of lunatic as the left is. It's nuts like that that make me feel the need to carry a weapon.

Heard one of those "Little Known Facts" stories on the radio the other day. Told of a guy that was high ranking in the Nazi party. He did NOT support Hitler though or his plans. He was one of the main guys helping to keep him in check for a while. Unfortunately, one day a German Jew angry over his parents being evicted from their home became angry enough to take a gun and shoot the first person he saw on the street that day. The guy he shot and killed was the one man holding Hilter back from executing his horrible plans. Guess what happened next?

Not sure what that story really has to do with anything. I just found it sort of ironic that a shooter, shooting people at random, might actually do more harm for whatever his "cause" is than good. The guy in AZ did target someone specific but who knows about the other people in the crowd that were shot. I doubt they were all people that the shooter hated. I personally don't plan to be "that guy" that gets caught up in some lunatic's Exodus. It could just as well have been one of us or someone in our family caught in this guys crossfire.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm already getting grief from one of my wife's co-workers!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm already getting grief from one of my wife's co-workers!
The weapon is no more to blame than you are. This is typical uneducated, uninitiated puke-speak put forth by libs. There are any number of ways you could demonstrate this but my personal favorite is, "STFU, what makes you think your opinion is even on my radar?" "Come to me with a legit argument and not some irrational BS, then we'll talk". I just refuse to give these idiots the chance to get started with their comments, so I attack first and fast. (This is also the reason my wife put lettering on the back of my truck that says, "Doesn't Play Well With Others"

BTW, don't get the wrong impression. I may be a knuckle-dragger, but I'm a reasonably educated one. I can debate most legit issues without raising my voice and cussin, but sometimes thats what works the best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
AZ shooting

New here and have been collecting for over 30years. I do not believe in GC but I also see the right like Limbaugh and Hannity inflaming people. Yes this guy was crazy but if you walk in to an asylum and day after day keep pointing at one person and yelling they are evil, destroying the country and our way of life. How long before one of the nuts goes off and attacks that person or someone else? Is that responsible? I think putting cross hairs on districts and people and saying the nation is being torn apart and that we need Second Amendment remedies to name a few, is incitement to nuts. Taking guns and wearing them to political rally's just to get a rise out of the left is not responsible and those in the tea movement who advocate it are more of a threat to my rights then anyone antigun group. People like this only feed the fire and then dare others to put it out. BTW I own a Glock 19 and have owned one for over 15 years and also have a 17/19 30rd mag I bought many years ago just before the crime bill came in. It is one of 8 9mm I own.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Really Ed? so you think the 1st Amendment should be blamed for what an insane idiot did? I have listened to both as well as Savage, Jones, as well as others and I have never been inflammed by their well documented information. I am concerned about the direction our country is going and think we need to peacefully take our country back as the guys you and I mentioned believe. The Libs are screaming about how the 1A and 2A caused this instead of blaming the insane idiot. Typical libatard thinking. Ok rant over thanks for your paitence

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
People carrying firearms, regardless of where they carry (legally) should be carrying it to exercise their rights, protect themselves and their family, etc.. I don't believe most people carry to incite the Left, regardless of where its at.

Taking guns and wearing them to political rally's just to get a rise out of the left is not responsible and those in the tea movement who advocate it are more of a threat to my rights then anyone antigun group.
If it's legal for a person to carry at a political rally, then they should have every right to do so. Questioning locations that are legal should not be an individual's choice. I don't like people carrying here, someone else doesn't like over there, a third person doesn't like another place, etc..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really Ed? so you think the 1st Amendment should be blamed for what an insane idiot did? I have listened to both as well as Savage, Jones, as well as others and I have never been inflammed by their well documented information. I am concerned about the direction our country is going and think we need to peacefully take our country back as the guys you and I mentioned believe. The Libs are screaming about how the 1A and 2A caused this instead of blaming the insane idiot. Typical libatard thinking. Ok rant over thanks for your paitence
I don't agree with your line of thinking. First I don't know of anyone who is saying that the first amendment is the cause of any of the problems in Arizona or anywhere else. But the First Amendment is not absolute. Nor is the Second. You have the right to freedom of speaking your mind but that does not give you the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. It does not give you the right to say I am going to kill the president. You do not have that right. The second amendment does not give you the right to have Atomic weapons or C4 or artillery in the back yard. I understand your point of not being incited by the rants of the talk shows, but you are not the issue here. Two people can listen to the same thing that may be on the line of acceptable and one decided to act on it and the other does not. I also don't buy the take back our country thing. It can be at minimum seen as code forget the black out of the white house or at worst actually be code for it. I personally did not like the health care bill because I thought and have thought for many years that we need and one day will have a Canadian style health care system. Although I do not think that the government should be involved in private business, I like the Post office, Police and Fire department. I like Socialized Library's and even though they are struggling now public schools. I shudder to think of what the nation would be like under a school system where you get a better education based on how much your parents can afford to pay. As I said before, I am not trying to start a fight and respect your opinions. But I am a gun owner and in fact just got back from picking up my new SR9, but I do not see things the same way as the right wing. If this is a reason to kick me off the board or throw mud well that's the price of thinking for myself. I personally like to watch Bill Maher, but I do not agree with everything he says and he can be condescending and nutty at times. I listen to what people say and make my own mind up not based on peer pressure or wanting to fit in but what I see as right. That is not to say my opinion is right but its mine just as yours is for you.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
If this is a reason to kick me off the board or throw mud well that's the price of thinking for myself. That is not to say my opinion is right but its mine just as yours is for you.
No one gets kicked off this board for having an opinion. As long as everyone keeps discussions civil, everyone is free to believe and state whatever they feel. The only person that has absolute authority here is Rob, as he is the owner of the site. I personally try to stay away from political topics as it usually ends with someone mad but everyone here is free to post beliefs and discuss their opinions.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I don't agree with your line of thinking. First I don't know of anyone who is saying that the first amendment is the cause of any of the problems in Arizona or anywhere else. But the First Amendment is not absolute. Nor is the Second. You have the right to freedom of speaking your mind but that does not give you the right to yell fire in a crowded theater. It does not give you the right to say I am going to kill the president. You do not have that right. The second amendment does not give you the right to have Atomic weapons or C4 or artillery in the back yard. I understand your point of not being incited by the rants of the talk shows, but you are not the issue here. Two people can listen to the same thing that may be on the line of acceptable and one decided to act on it and the other does not. I also don't buy the take back our country thing. It can be at minimum seen as code forget the black out of the white house or at worst actually be code for it. I personally did not like the health care bill because I thought and have thought for many years that we need and one day will have a Canadian style health care system. Although I do not think that the government should be involved in private business, I like the Post office, Police and Fire department. I like Socialized Library's and even though they are struggling now public schools. I shudder to think of what the nation would be like under a school system where you get a better education based on how much your parents can afford to pay. As I said before, I am not trying to start a fight and respect your opinions. But I am a gun owner and in fact just got back from picking up my new SR9, but I do not see things the same way as the right wing. If this is a reason to kick me off the board or throw mud well that's the price of thinking for myself. I personally like to watch Bill Maher, but I do not agree with everything he says and he can be condescending and nutty at times. I listen to what people say and make my own mind up not based on peer pressure or wanting to fit in but what I see as right. That is not to say my opinion is right but its mine just as yours is for you.
you're cool, dude :) the mods on this site a nice folks. they don't ban you if you disagree with them, as is the case on many other forums.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you're cool, dude :) the mods on this site are nice folks. they don't ban you if you disagree with them, as is the case on many other forums.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Who said anything about kicking anyone off the forum. You posted your comments and I posted mine. I did NOT "Throw Mud" at anyone. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land and is absolute. If you yell fire in a theater and someone is injured you are responsible of course. If I call my Senator an Idiot that is protected speech, and they are trying to make that illegal and that violates my rights. Please feel free to PM me if you wish and I hope you have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Did "EDTEACH" join just to post his anti Limbaugh Hannity rant? I don't remember him on this forum from before the Arizona tragedy....

I believe that the name of this forum may attract political activists now, with an agenda and looking for a platform to get a "rise".
Personally, I think it's best to ignore poor behavior from "strangers" .... Remember, "you can't argue with an idiot!" Besides, it's difficult to have meaningful debate when one side is not bordered by the truth....

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Did "EDTEACH" join just to post his anti Limbaugh Hannity rant? I don't remember him on this forum from before the Arizona tragedy....

I believe that the name of this forum may attract political activists now, with an agenda and looking for a platform to get a "rise".
Personally, I think it's best to ignore poor behavior from "strangers" .... Remember, "you can't argue with an idiot!" Besides, it's difficult to have meaningful debate when one side is not bordered by the truth....
While EDTeach may have joined just to make a post in this thread (he/she only has two post, both in this thread) he/she simply posted an opinion and broke no forum rules. For that, one should not "be ignored" and we shouldn't be labeling anyone as an idiot. If EDTeach decides to return here and continue posting, he/she will be welcome as long as they follow the forum rules and does not make any personal attacks on anyone. If they come back and start making negative attacks or appear to be here only to disrupt the forum and it's members, they will be dealt with.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Well said Law. Every one has a right to state his opinion even if all do not agree with it. I was shocked that ED thought I or anyone was going to kick him/her of the forum. I stated my support of 1A clearly in IMO and that includes ALL opinion's I don't agree with. You guy's have known me for awhile now and know my opinion on our rights. I have never closed a thread nor will I. I enjoy Glock Pro very much as well as our members.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Well said Law. Every one has a right to state his opinion even if all do not agree with it. I was shocked that ED thought I or anyone was going to kick him/her of the forum. I stated my support of 1A clearly in IMO and that includes ALL opinion's I don't agree with. You guy's have known me for awhile now and know my opinion on our rights. I have never closed a thread nor will I. I enjoy Glock Pro very much as well as our members.
Yep, I believe the issue ED had was either from other forums where you have to agree with the mods/main members or your booted, or he/she possibly did just come to post in the thread and has no intentions on participating in the forum. Time will tell. I don't think anyone can questions that you are a standup guy Blackrider..

·
Registered
334 Posts
New here and have been collecting for over 30years. I do not believe in GC but I also see the right like Limbaugh and Hannity inflaming people. Yes this guy was crazy but if you walk in to an asylum and day after day keep pointing at one person and yelling they are evil, destroying the country and our way of life. How long before one of the nuts goes off and attacks that person or someone else? Is that responsible? I think putting cross hairs on districts and people and saying the nation is being torn apart and that we need Second Amendment remedies to name a few, is incitement to nuts. Taking guns and wearing them to political rally's just to get a rise out of the left is not responsible and those in the tea movement who advocate it are more of a threat to my rights then anyone antigun group. People like this only feed the fire and then dare others to put it out. BTW I own a Glock 19 and have owned one for over 15 years and also have a 17/19 30rd mag I bought many years ago just before the crime bill came in. It is one of 8 9mm I own.
Dear God, please tell me this is a joke .....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.