Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a few dry fires in my new 17L, so I decided to snap some pictures. The Glock 17L has a few differences between it and most other Glocks, so I tried to get a few pictures that show them.

The first difference is it's unusually long slide/barrel... The barrel is 6.02 inches long. The only other Glock with a barrel this long is the 17L's sister gun, the 24.

The front of the slide has an extension to cover the length of the slide not covered by the standard sized 17 receiver and to adapt the 17L so that it can use a standard length recoil spring assembly.

17L's also come with the extended slide stop lever and magazine catch.

Image limit hit...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My particular 17L has the factory Glock adjustable rear sight.

Can't wait to shoot it...

Things are a bit hectic with the holidays, but I hope to go to the range tomorrow or Tuesday...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Doing a few dry fires in my new 17L, so I decided to snap some pictures. The Glock 17L has a few differences between it and most other Glocks, so I tried to get a few pictures that show them.

The first difference is it's unusually long slide/barrel... The barrel is 6.02 inches long. The only other Glock with a barrel this long is the 17L's sister gun, the 24.

The front of the slide has an extension to cover the length of the slide not covered by the standard sized 17 receiver and to adapt the 17L so that it can use a standard length recoil spring assembly.

17L's also come with the extended slide stop lever and magazine catch.

Image limit hit...
Fantastic photos, _jb. Fantastic gun. Let us know how it runs at the range!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
We are in the middle of picking up 6 inches of snow right now. Don't think I will be going anyplace tomorrow. Nice pics though jb let us know how it does

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
JB... Good for you, congrats on your new purchase. I only ever worry about money before I spend it, and if I get what I want, I have never regretted a good purchase....

Great pics and a very cool, unique Glock. Being that I'm 6'8", I think I need one of those to look "normal" in shooting pics!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
JB... Good for you, congrats on your new purchase. I only ever worry about money before I spend it, and if I get what I want, I have never regretted a good purchase....

Great pics and a very cool, unique Glock. Being that I'm 6'8", I think I need one of those to look "normal" in shooting pics!
That's funny.

I'm 5'6" so maybe I need to take all my pics with my LCP so I look normal. lol.
Ok you two now I have to clean off my computer screen, and hope the soda don't damage my keyboard. Funny though

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Ok jb you made me do it. I had to go get it after looking at your new toy. Granted it isn't a G17L but I wanted a new toy too. I have had this G36 in lay-away for awhile now. It was time to bring it home. Photo taken from what else but my crappy cell phone. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Now I want something new. I would be happy enough if my 2 that are currently at Smyrna would be returned before Christmas. That's good enough for me.
I posted up a link to a G17L for sale for ya a couple days ago didn't you buy it? LOL

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
SF, it looks like you're doing 20 MPH when you took that pic. LOL

Forget texting and driving, try taking pics of newly acquired firearms and driving. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
SF, it looks like you're doing 20 MPH when you took that pic. LOL

Forget texting and driving, try taking pics of newly acquired firearms and driving. :)
In roughly six inches of new fallen snow too. I like to multitask

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok jb you made me do it. I had to go get it after looking at your new toy. Granted it isn't a G17L but I wanted a new toy too. I have had this G36 in lay-away for awhile now. It was time to bring it home. Photo taken from what else but my crappy cell phone. LOL
Congratulations, sf... Looks like a nice addition to your collection...

Hopefully the snow will clear up in a few days and you can go out and shoot her!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.