Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a sig man myself switching over to the Dark side, I've been looking at a few different glocks was looking at the model 17 long Frame I'm not using this Fire to concealing carry or for home defense this is a range gun and I like the longer slide on the Glock 17 L,..

Does anyone know if they make a long slide In .45 or 10mm caliber, I also do a lot of hunting with my handguns and I saw a 10 mm Glock on clocks website that looked like it had a 2 inch extended barrel for hunting but I did not see anything about it on their website can anyone shine some light on that for me as well like I said I'm very new to the Glock and would really appreciate any advice out there no offense to the 9 mm fans Just don't like the ballistics thanks all God bless

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
So I'm a sig man myself switching over to the Dark side, I've been looking at a few different glocks was looking at the model 17 long Frame I'm not using this Fire to concealing carry or for home defense this is a range gun and I like the longer slide on the Glock 17 L,..
Welcome to the forum, J.D.!

I believe that the G17L is no longer in regular production, although they do show up from time to time. Today, the longest barrels in standard Glocks are the 5.3" barrels in the G34 (9mm) and G35 (.40). The G34 and G35 are called "Tactical Practical" guns by Glock.

There are aftermarket barrels available from Lone Wolf and Bar-Sto, however.

Does anyone know if they make a long slide In .45 or 10mm caliber, I also do a lot of hunting with my handguns and I saw a 10 mm Glock on clocks website that looked like it had a 2 inch extended barrel for hunting but I did not see anything about it on their website can anyone shine some light on that for me as well like I said I'm very new to the Glock and would really appreciate any advice out there no offense to the 9 mm fans Just don't like the ballistics thanks all God bless
Presently, your best option with a Glock would be to add an aftermarket extended-length barrel to a G21 or G21SF, here's a link from Lone Wolf:https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=959&CAT=240 Also, check out the threaded extended barrels, they will allow you to fit a compensator, which might be useful for hunting.

If you're a Sig man now, I'm guessing that your hands are large enough to fit the G21, but if you wear medium-sized gloves you might find that the G21SF (SF stands for Short Frame) will fit your hands better. I shoot a G21SF for that reason.

If you can wait until the January SHOT show, I think you may see a new Tactical Practical gun from Glock in .45 ACP, with a 5.3" barrel. That's one of the current rumors on the street. Demand will be high if it comes out, so you might call Glockmeister to see if you can even place an order for the new gun in advance. Otherwise, I'd be prepared to wait about four to six months for supply to catch up with demand.

A possible plan for you could be to get a G21 now, maybe with an extended barrel, and then buy the new Tactical Practical gun in .45 ACP when it comes out. Barrels will almost certainly interchange between the guns, including any aftermarket barrel.

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys thanks a lot for your information that was very helpful, I think I can wait till January so maybe I'll just pick up a used 21 to get me By until the new "tactical practical" comes out.. 5.3 inch barrel was a little more what I'm looking for six-inch is just a little much ...thanks again guys God bless

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I was just looking at zev tech slides it looks like they make a slide to fit a 5.3 inch barrel does anyone know if Glock works is the only place to pick one up, And more importantly are they any good.

I have a few Sigs in a few 1911s so this gun here it's pretty much just a toy build don't want to spend more than 1000 bucks on parts after I buy the gun and I already have an RMR optic for it.. So any suggestions on after markets slides barrels chiggers etc. will be very much appreciated, and you guys are awesome for getting back to me so quick thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Also I was just looking at zev tech slides it looks like they make a slide to fit a 5.3 inch barrel does anyone know if Glock works is the only place to pick one up, And more importantly are they any good.

I have a few Sigs in a few 1911s so this gun here it's pretty much just a toy build don't want to spend more than 1000 bucks on parts after I buy the gun and I already have an RMR optic for it.. So any suggestions on after markets slides barrels chiggers etc. will be very much appreciated, and you guys are awesome for getting back to me so quick thanks again
Lone Wolf makes slides, they're worth checking out. In fact, they make an extended "L" slide for the G21: https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=80619&CAT=3171

Chris

PS: What's a "chigger"?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
LOL as well, my grandparents lived in the "country" and as a young-un I learned what a chigger was at a very young age, I have not heard that word in a long time .....

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
LOL that was triggers stupid spellcheck on my iPhone sorry about that
Talking about Glock Triggers is a lot like talking about World Peace. There are dozens of considerations, options, and alternatives. I'd open the discussion by asking what you plan to do with the gun. It is just hunting?

Chris

·
Registered
410 Posts
Chris,
What's a chigger? Some guys are chick magnets, I'm a "chigger" magnet. Get out in the woods, especially tall grass around here and you'll look like someone took a red Sharpie pen and dotted your entire body. Then you itch until you consider suicide a viable alternative. Then use any of several methods of getting rid of them, but first drink a half to three quarters of a bottle of Tequila, so you can pass out until the microscopic little demons from hell die. Geeze, Chris, you need to get out from behind that Dillon press for a while.:p:D

FT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.