Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glock 17c will not return to battery on the last round of every magazine i use it is very annoying and upsetting i am new to the glock since i am a big 1911 and five-seven fan, i heard great things in terms of reliability, so i bought this weapon thinking it was going to be superb, but i only put 200 rounds through this weapon should not be doing this so soon or at all for this matter? I tried 12 mags so i know they are not the problem.please help!!!!!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
did you guy it new? if it's used, try a new recoil assembly. no telling how many rounds were through it before you bought it. how old are the mags? could also be the mag springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a new weapon sir and the mags are brand new. I replaced the factory spring w/ a stainless steel, lone wolf-17 pound recoil spring?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yes, agreed with the Don. GLOCKs run,... until someone starts changing parts out on them for aftermarket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I may ask, "what is wrong w/ this type spring? Have you heard of simular things related to this brand spring

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
waht have you heard in terms of this spring? i figured it would perform better cause it is a steel rod and not plastic!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
waht have you heard in terms of this spring? i figured it would perform better cause it is a steel rod and not plastic!
the stock plastic ones are more than durable enough. glock 9mm's are the most popular pistols in the world because they're durable and reliable. there's a g17 at the glock factory with 348,000 rounds through it, and it still works fine. :)

wolff isn't bad, i have one in my g29 10mm because i shoot nuclear loads, but it's not necessary for any other model. for some reason, wolff works best in the 10mm glock (i've never had an issue). however, i wouldn't recommend it for any other model. sometimes the 9mm g17 wolff springs will work flawlessly with a particular gun, and sometimes not. you'll be fine with the stock one :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Did you fire it prior to changing the spring out?

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
Here is the procedure for testing the Recoil Spring Assembly (RSA);

1. Unload the pistol and remove the magazine.
2. Point the pistol up at a 45-degree angle, and pull the trigger (HOLD the trigger back).
3. Pull the slide back fully and release it slowly.
4. The RSA should be able to push the slide forward into battery.

If the RSA won't push the slide into battery, assuming that the pistol is clean, then the RSA should be replaced. In older pistols with a separate guide rod and spring, replace the spring. In newer pistol, the entire RSA should be replaced. If you don't know if you have a standard Glock RSA, please post a couple of detailed photos of it.

I will add that if this is a new Glock, you should contact Glock service (770 - 432 1202) and ask for help. They will solve your problem, although it may involve sending the pistol to them. Alternatively, they might just send you a new RSA, so be prepared to describe the RSA (stamping on the base) to them on the phone. It's possible that the wrong RSA was installed in the pistol at the factory.

One other thing I'll suggest: if you know a Glock Armorer (or if your dealer knows one) you might have the Armorer inspect the pistol first.

Good luck, I know this is disappointing but the problem can be solved, and it's not representative of overall Glock quality.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO I changed it as soon as I got it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called GLOCK and talked to a represenitive, too my appeal he kept on arguing about its the ammuntiotion i use but if that was the case it would be doing it on random rounds and not just the last one? He sent me two new followers and said it prpably was the problem, as well sent me a new guide rod assembly? So idk about there know how on what they are saying it sounded rushed and he just threw parts at the problem wich is most likley not the problem! I am still amazed he was convinced it was the ammo i use wich is winchester 115gr fmj.Like I said if it was the ammo it would do it randomly and not just last round.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I called GLOCK and talked to a represenitive, too my appeal he kept on arguing about its the ammuntiotion i use but if that was the case it would be doing it on random rounds and not just the last one? He sent me two new followers and said it prpably was the problem, as well sent me a new guide rod assembly? So idk about there know how on what they are saying it sounded rushed and he just threw parts at the problem wich is most likley not the problem! I am still amazed he was convinced it was the ammo i use wich is winchester 115gr fmj.Like I said if it was the ammo it would do it randomly and not just last round.
it's the wolff system! LOL :) they were just throwing parts you don't need at the problem

good job on getting the free recoil assembly & followers though, my friend lmao! :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Did you tell the GLOCK rep you had replaced the RSA?

I agree it isn't the ammo. I also agree it's the after market RSA system you intalled.

Not pointing this at you specifically but always find it amusing people turn to GLOCK because their "reliability" then immediately start changing out parts with after markets .... because they are "better". Remind me again why you chose GLOCK in the first place?

People do the same with 1911s. They want one because of their sheer awesomeness but immediately begin tinkering with them to the point they aren't reliable ... then complain about it. Seriously?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I bought it because I do I.P.D.A and my friends use glocks i use 1911 so i bought one to try it out and i replaced the spring because of recommendations.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Again, I wasn't speaking specifically to you with that comment .... but,

i heard great things in terms of reliability, so i bought this weapon thinking it was going to be superb
I understand. I've been know to mod things from time to time too. I'm not disrespecting your decision. I'm just saying you had issues and several folks (including several of us that are GLOCK Armorer) agree putting the stock kit back will likley fix your issue. Just try it and report back please.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Another suggestion though if you do want sheer awesomeness. Get a Challenger kit from www.GlockTriggers.com . They are legal for SSP in IDPA. I recently put one in my G34 and it's amazing. It almost feels like cheating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NICE! Will look into them. Again I was not being angry with you if my writing sounded hostile I was just responding why I changed it and why I bought a glock weapon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts